what would you do?

posted 3 years ago in Career
Post # 3
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@nerdybird:  They’re probably not going to go for that…  I’m sure they have plenty of people they can hire that would do the job for what they’re offering.  Sorry, not to be a downer…

Post # 4
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@nerdybird:  I have the balls, I just don’t know how to ask that without insulting them? haha. Usually there is room for negotiation in salary…But half the salary you would want/expect is a long way up for them to go…Might be best to continue with freelance and look for another part time job? Then again, maybe they would be able to reach a compromise with you salary and hour wise. Maybe another bee will have a smart way of asking.

Good luck! 

Post # 5
7197 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@nerdybird:  I’d drop the part time expectation, but not the salary expectation. I’d reply with something along the lines that salary isn’t near what you’re making at the moment (I assume that’s correct?), so unless they’re prepared to negotiate then they’re wasting your time and theirs.

I’m guessing they know their salary offer is low.

Post # 6
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@nerdybird: what kind of company is it and what kind of work do you do?

I’ve only successfully pulled off the PT and higher salary because they knew literally NO ONE who could solve their problem. It was a very distinct scoped problem though. 

Possible? Yes. High probability? No. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors