What would you do….

posted 3 years ago in Parties
  • poll: If you are invited to a shower party and budget $50 for a present....
    Still buy a gift that was within your budget as if it was at regular price and enjoy the savings! : (15 votes)
    31 %
    Buy her more stuff until you hit the $50 mark, take advantage of the sale and shower her with mor : (34 votes)
    69 %
  • Post # 2
    3354 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

The latter 🙂

Post # 3
    7290 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

If I had budgeted $50 and wasn’t under any financial stress then I would still spend the $50.

If I had struggled to afford the $50 then I would buy the item at the reduced price and pocket the savings.

I think it really depends on the individuals personal finacial situation at the time.

Post # 4
    11626 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I would still spend the amount I budgeted.

Post # 5
    2670 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 1996

I’d probably go for something in between! Maybe I’d spend $40.

Post # 7
    1136 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

MrsTickledPink:  Hmm for me it would depend on who the shower was for. If it was someone really close to me i’d still spend the budgeted amount and buy additional gifts, but if it was someone i’m not close to (say a work colleague, acquaintance etc.) i’d probably just buy whatever I was originally going to get and save!<br /><br />

Post # 9
    1103 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

I’d buy and save!  If it was more than a $10 savings, I might buy a small second gift, but if it’s within 10 or so, I’m leaving it as the single gift. 

Post # 10
    2894 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

MrsTickledPink:  i typically buy what i intend to give, so I don’t feel constrainted or guided by a budget.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors