What would you do?

posted 3 years ago in Family
Post # 2
1750 posts
Buzzing bee

I wouldn’t invite them. 

They’ve shown how they are. There’s no sense in inviting people like that to such an important event, even if they are his parents. 

Post # 4
7216 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Moneyfoot:  I know this sounds like a cop out, but I would let him decide and 100% support him either way; because they are his parents.

If you’re looking for advice on what to advise him: I would invite them, unless he intends to cut all ties with them. By the sound of it they are unpleasant, but not so unpleasant that he never wants to see them again. So, given that he wants to continue some sort of relationship with them, my advice is to invite them. To do otherwise would make a bad relationship worse.

Post # 6
1907 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - TTC #2

WWID? I’d not invite the parents and invite your brother asap as a June wedding is getting to be very near (I’m a June bride too!)

Post # 7
1236 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - San Francisco, CA

Surround yourself with the people who love and support you on your wedding day. “Pr**cks” need not be there, even if the universe cursed you by binding you with blood. A toxic person who is a family member is still toxic, and you are under no obligation to give them that kind of prominent honor in your life.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors