- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2010
I am getting married on October 2nd and we booked our videographer on October 9th, 2009. We went through many different styles of videography and finally chose this particular (not cheap) videographer. My top 3 “must haves” were 1) Photography 2) Videography 3) Dress. Before booking we made sure to find out that the owner would be shooting our wedding… of course I’m an amateur and didn’t get it in writing. I assumed it was a small videography service and I was told that the owner handles everything so why would I think to get that in writing? Anyway, two days ago I find out that she is sending her sister and brother in her place. We’ve been planning for almost year, I have to pay for her travel fees and hotel (or what was supposed to be her) and now I am getting some people that are not skilled in cinemotography. I know one is skilled in photography but there is still a big difference. This girl said that she would do all of the editing but I’ve seen the work of her crew – they are straight shots, non artistic style of taping. She offered to give me my money back if she can find another wedding…. apparently she doesn’t need any more weddings if she is already double or tripple booked which pisses me off even more.
Here’s my issue.
1) We booked with her first.
2) No one ever said that it would not be the owner working with us.
3). No where in the contract does it say that.
4). I was told to get a hotel room for this girl
5) Videography was my number two must have
6) She waits until 115 days out to say “Oh, by the way someone else will be doing your wedding.
7) She is not cheap by any means.
8) Here is what I think happened. This particular woman never met me. I talked to staff at her wedding shows and each of them said that this girl does the taping along with an assistant. I worked through my wedding planner who also said that this girl would be doing our wedding – not a sister friend or cousin but her, the trained person that I am paying a premium price for. I think a different bride came along and met her in person and this girl agreed to do her wedding and just shoved us off because she has no emotional ties to us. Which is BS, in my opinion, it should be first come first served. What should I do, I’m at my whitts end? She already tried to reassure me that everything will be fine but I’ve seen the video that her crew does compared to what she does. BIG DIFFERENCE And in my opinion when you aren’t there you can’t catch those really special highlights besides the basics of make-up, vows, first dance etc. I feel like it was a TOTAL bait and switch.
I’m so pissed right now and have been for the past two days that I can’t even sleep and don’t know what to do. Even if I can get a refund how am I going to find someone on such short notice?