What would you do with $100 to William & Sonoma?

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 3
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I got one of these, too. You can use Williams Sonoma gift cards at Pottery Barn and West Elm, too! 🙂

Post # 5
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Well…I’m not sure…I would think it would work? I think you get the most bang for your buck at West Elm…more of a chic urban decor vibe than typical suburban, if that makes sense. 🙂

Post # 6
2057 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia

An ice cream maker! 🙂

Post # 8
3777 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I was in the same situation. We bought our bakeware with the giftcard from Williams Sonoma, and I love it. We got the fancy gold touch stuff.

Post # 9
1613 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am in this dilemma, except ours is from 2 christmases ago. 

1. sell to an online gift card exchange company.

2. save (for an eternity) for a Vitamix.

3. Peppermint Bark.  ‘Nuff said.

ETA: if it can be used at Pottery Barn, that would make my year! (I’ve had my eye on some dishes from there but can’t pull the trigger since we have *perfectly good* (and f’n expensive) Denby dishes….but they were from my previous engagement, and well….I kinda hate using them, it feels like bad plateware karma. (am I crazy?)

ETA2: yes, the website confirms it can be used at Pottery Barn. woo hooo! See ya, ex-plates.

Post # 10
1613 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@peachacid:  how about a panini press? waffle maker? a few really great classic cook books?

Post # 13
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Nothing wrong with owning a Coffee Grinder… if that is what you need then you should buy one.

Use the balance for something else… they certainly sell a lot of stuff… you are bound to find something.

PS… If you still have the Gift Card now from your Wedding earlier this year, it might make sense to hold off and use it in January (you’ve done without the Coffee Grinder this long afterwards).  A lot of times stores like this will have a big Homewares sale in January… and so your GC will go farther.

Post # 14
2057 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia

If I were OP, I’d splurge it on Le Creuset Dutch Oven.

But.. that might be for other reasons, like baking a lot of artisan breads.

Post # 15
641 posts
Busy bee

I already have a giant chef’s knife I love to pieces, but if you don’t, a giant chef’s knife you can love to pieces is the single most useful thing I have in my kitchen. It’s not a slim nimble thing, but it can hack up chicken bones for stock and then turn around and slice garden fresh tomatoes (after an anti bacterial washing!) Smash garlic, and then scrape it up and use it like a spatula. It’s a very utilitarian knife, and I looooooove it.

Barring that, a potato ricer. Seemed like a dumb novelty, until I learned that the more you moosh potatoes around, the more the starched form long sticky chains which is how you get horrible glue potatoes.

Though you did say you’re going to spend it on plates that don’t have bad juju. Maybe you’ll get another gift card for Christmas!

Post # 16
1931 posts
Buzzing bee

@Bracelet00:  I was gonna say a chef’s knife! Mostly because we need one really badly…

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors