Post # 1
The grilling thread got me thinking about a conversation I had with my husband the other day.
My birthday is coming up and since it’s on a weeknight it’ll be just him & I. So he asked what I would like for my birthday dinner.
I gave him a couple options, weather dependent.
- My #1 choice is his chicken parm for if it’s cold and nasty out.He makes the best chicken parm.
- would be smoked baby back ribs if it’s warm enough out. I love our smoked ribs in the offset. We make our own rub and it’s so tender and fall off the bone.
- would be a seafood boil if there’s good pricing on seafood that week.Lobster, crawfish, shrimp, king crab legs, littleneck clams, corn and some potatoes.
What about you?
What would be your top 3 choices for a birthday meal?
Restaurants count too! 😉
Post # 4
Oh I like this thread, even if it doesn’t help my hunger!
Warning: I am a restaurant girl. So this will not exactly be homemade.
1. My first choice would be David Burke Townhouse in NYC (so flight included?)
2. Would be Girl and the Goat, here in Chicago
3. Would be a surprise candlelit dinner with lots of bread, cheese, and wine.
Post # 5
My birthday dinner is TOMORROW!
My 3 choices would go as such:
1. Tiffin: My fav indian restaurant. We’re going here. Butter Chicken, and whatever the potato and peas and curry and cauliflower dish is. THOSE. Roti, basmati rice. HERE I COME.
2. Fiore’s: My favourite Italian restaurant. The fettucini alfredo is seriously amazing!
3. Ice Cream. I LOVE ice cream. Marble Slab ice cream. The sweet cream and orange, or the sweet cream and white chocolate or the sweet cream and mango! Clearly sweet cream in my fav flavour. LOL.
Post # 6
@tee22: We did David Burke’s Primehouse (here in Chicago) for our first anniversary dinner! It was awesome!! I still haven’t been to Girl & a Goat yet!!
Post # 7
@tee22: mm townhouse is so yummy!!!
I would probably request really good, fresh sushi (like from sushi of gari); some good shrimp dish–with a mexican flair so we can have chips, guac, and margs along with it; or really really delicious pizza that’s extra extra cheesy.
Post # 8
- ethiopian food
obviously not all together lol
Post # 10
rare Prime Rib, Mash Potatos, mushrooms seasoned, Ceaser Salad , hot bread, and a cold beer. hopefully dessert later chocolate related possibly cheesecake i enjoy my dessert later bc im always full after a meal like this!
Post # 11
1. Softshell crab and twice baked potato – random, I know
2. Maryland crab fest….those crabs better be slathered in old bay!
3. Lobster roll with old bay spiced french fries
I love seafood…..
Post # 12
Well everything would have to be done at home, because I don’t like restaurants much, especially for special occasions. I am a very private person 🙂
1) Sushi, with saki, and all the yummy appies
2) Turkey Dinner! Yes I love a good turkey dinner with all the fixins’
3) Lasagna, with a salad, with italian dressing, yum.
Post # 13
@bakerella: @.twist.: I love that both of you have a whole meal choice as dessert! 🙂
@tee22: @hilsy85: Methinks we have to try David Burkes next time I’m home!
I do love me some good fresh sushi and seafood. Sigh. I miss going to Chinatown and finding fresh live seafood!
Post # 14
My birthday is the 28th, so I have requested that he make me chicken parm, garlic bread, salad, and blueberry pie! I love pie so much more than cake, so he is learning to make my favorite birthday dessert!
Post # 15
@Gerbera: Hells ya! Go big or go home!
Post # 16
1) Steak and crab legs with a twice baked potato.
2) Chicken Parm with cheesy garlic bread.
3) Anything involving mussels.
@Ms. Library: Blueberry pie sounds sooo good.