What would you think about $69.99 shoes as a Bridesmaid?

posted 1 year ago in Shoes
56 posts
Worker bee

@ChampagneBlushWedding:  It seems to me that neither of them have a problem with actually paying (whether or not they like them is another story) so I think you’re ok.

831 posts
Busy bee

normally, i would say $69 is a lot of money for bridesmaid shoes. but i guess if you paid for their dresses and they don’t mind, then go for it.

5539 posts
Bee Keeper

Given that they haven’t paid for anything else, I think it’s absolutely ok to ask them to buy specific shoes.  And $70 is a totally fair price for shoes.

2544 posts
Sugar bee

I agree that if I were a BM in a wedding and the bride bought my dress, and there wasn’t some other sort of excessive cost involved, I would have no problem paying that for shoes.  I’ve paid more for a dress and shoes that I haven’t worn again.  

5746 posts
Bee Keeper

I think it’s less about price and more about comfort. I am the crankiest person alive when my feet hurt, and don’t have the easiest time finding shoes that are comfy and pretty, so I would much rather a bride told me what dress to wear than what shoes to wear. Is there a particular reason why you want the BMs to all wear the same shoe? 

5755 posts
Bee Keeper

Ooooo…I don’t know, I am a nazi about what I put on my feet…and maybe I’m psychotic, but $69 for a pair of shoes that I’m going to be photographed in sounds a little low end….after all, we’re talking SHOES people!

4233 posts
Honey bee

That is a LOT of money for something they may never wear again. But since you are paying for everything else, I could see it being okay.

8499 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I wouldn’t have been happy with it, but because you are paying for so much, I’d be fine.

10648 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I think it’s fine to ask them to pay for them. My girls’ shoes are aorund $60 and I’m picking up the cost, but they paid over $200 for their dresses, not to mention travel expenses, etc. It’s the least I could do since I can afford it.  They all expected to pay for them though and all offered to but I refused. 

3909 posts
Honey bee

I’d be pretty annoyed. I don’t like other people picking out my shoes and I don’t think I’d ever wear nude sling backs again. Might as well just shove $70 into the back of my closet.

1686 posts
Bumble bee

@ChampagneBlushWedding:  They sound worth every penny! $70 is really not bad, especially for something neutral that can be reworn. For a wedding I was in, the bride asked us to get any nude shoe we liked, so I could have gone to Payless for $20 shoes but I wanted something nice in nude so I spent $120 – you don’t need to cheap out, especially be abuse they aren’t dyed peacock teal or anything :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.