(Closed) What!…$185 for Wedding Make Up?

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: How much are you spending on your wedding ceremony make up?
    Nothing. Doing it myself or a friend is doing it. : (10 votes)
    17 %
    less than $50 : (6 votes)
    10 %
    $50 - $100 : (13 votes)
    22 %
    $101 - $150 : (10 votes)
    17 %
    $150 - $200 : (8 votes)
    14 %
    over $200 : (12 votes)
    20 %
  • Post # 3
    8353 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2011

I paid just under $300.00 for both hair and makeup, and it was totally worth every penny. This also included the trials and her coming to me for the trials and for the wedding. I was 51 on the day of our wedding and definately wouldn’t have been able to create the look she did.

Post # 5
    1486 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I hope to pay near that for both hair and make up. But, that does not include trails…

Post # 5
    916 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

$185 sounds right.  I went to Sephora and had the consultant teach me how to do the look I want for my wedding, but I really have to practice between now and my wedding, and boy will it be a lot of work.  If you want professional makeup, I think you can definitely find someone for cheaper, but that will reflect their experience level too.

Post # 6
    251 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

i am paying about 300 for hair and makeup!

Post # 7
    186 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Ugh…I guess its the area…but here in LA, I have gotten more than a couple of $400 quotes for hair and makeup. Ridiculous. And thats NOT including trials. Needless to say I shopped around….and I found someone for $160, but again not including trials. And I consider that a steal!

Post # 8
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

I think its a reasonable price if the person is experienced and good.

I also think makeup is worth the expense and more important than other parts of the budget- if the artist is good, the makeup will stay on ALL day and night and you will feel beautiful and the pictures will be awesome.

Post # 9
    5494 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2011

Here in LA that would be a steal. I’m paying $450 for on location hair and makeup.  That does not include trials.  However I’ve made my peace with it because the guy amazing.  I

Post # 10
    3316 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

We actually needed to have our hair and make-up done twice–once for the ceremony in MA, and once for the at-home reception in DC.  And since we are a same-sex couple, each of us needed to have it done both times.  So we really quite desperately needed to minimize the cost.  We found people on Craigslist to come to our location and do it, both places.  The one in the Boston area was $50 per person for the combination of hair and make-up.  The one in DC was $40 per person for hair, and $20 per person for make-up.

Post # 11
    188 posts
    Blushing bee

Here in the bay area, most people are a minimum of $300. That leaves the other options of DIY or going to a makeup counter on the day of and making the minimum purchase required to go with the full makeover.

Post # 12
    655 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Haven’t booked anyone yet, but most pros in my area do makeup for $50-100, and about the same for hair. Plus a trial so another pop of each. I am expecting to pay ~$200-230 for all my make-up and hair services including a trial.

Post # 13
    10367 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

It cost about $450 for my makeup, my Maid/Matron of Honor makeup, and my hair. That was in San Diego with a really great, well-established make-up artist. I think that price sounds right for the caliber of person you are looking at hiring.

Post # 14
    5547 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2011

Well dang, I’m glad to live where I do! I was a Maid/Matron of Honor last summer and both the bride, MOB, myself and another Bridesmaid or Best Man got our make-up done at a Merle Norman for $30 a piece and it looked AMAZING. So maybe looking into something like that? I can’t fathom spending that much on make-up, wedding or no. 

Post # 15
    2476 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I loved my makeup and hair on my wedding day… paid $300 for it, and it was money well spent!  (Oh, and this is in Los Angeles)  🙂

The topic ‘What!…$185 for Wedding Make Up?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors