Post # 1
Just wanted to see where all the June brides are at in their planning…I feel like my planning is coming to a bit of a standstill right now! We have all the big stuff out of the way, and it’s too early to start all the DIYs/projects.
-Choose lace bolero to go with my dress, to have in time for my dress to come in in September
-Decide on engagement photos & book with photographer
-Price out different STD options
-Dress, veil, and shoes bought (already own jewelry)
-Bridal party chosen & BMs chose their dresses
-Venue and photographer booked (the only outside vendors we’re using)
-Centerpieces started (MOH’s mom unloaded like 30 mason/similar jars on us for free, hooray for her!)
-Color palette/”look” decided upon
-FI has an idea for which suit he wants
-Wedding bands narrowed down
What are you up to for August, June brides?
Post # 3
I think this month I will ((try))
-to get all the items for the centerpieces
-to have a final guest list made
-to find bridesmaids dresses
-to finish my cake topper
-to book the photographer, officiant and dj (I know who I’m using they all agreed they can do it but I have to put deposit down and make up contracts)
-to get my passport for my honeymoon
Post # 4
– buy FIs ring off Amazon while the exchange rate is still awesome
– send out Save-The-Dates
– continue losing weight to meet my dress goal – 6.8 kg to go!
– continue my DIY projects (when I can find the time)
Quiet month wedding wise over here!
Post # 5
I kind of felt like wedding planning was at a stand still (in a good way – meaning most of the important things had been booked), until I got a call last night from the vendor where we’ll be having our ceremony telling us she’s closing her doors at the end of this month!!
We do have 10 months to find a new place but it still sucks!
I don’t even want to type out everything that needs to be done. 😛
Post # 6
@leembee: Oh my.. I’m so sorry =( I’ve feared the same thing but they seem to be booked solid through 2012 and half of 2013 so even with low funding I think they can keep afloat at least until after our wedding- I hope.
Post # 7
@HappilyEverAfter54: Thanks. I hope everything works out for you as well! The venue was a dance studio that held private events on the side, so I think she was simply not making enough money in the primary business. As Fiance said,, better now than a month before!!
Post # 8
@leembee: our venue is an old theater that is funded entirely by donations and a few weddings lol They can’t be making much off of weddings though… it’s $600 to rent the hall for 24 hours + time to decorate the previous day and you can stay past midnight on your rented day then its also $75 for cleaning. I don’t know how they do it.
Post # 9
I’m moving in August so I feel like I’m getting behind, not enough time for wedding details!
My goals this month:
-have engagement pictures taken
-book the caterer (had some issues….)
-order my dress, I can’t choose, I like too many!
-meet with the florist to pick the flowers
-Booked ceremony and reception sites (I can’t imagine if they closed on us, I’d be freaking out! I hope you find something quickly leembee!)
-Booked photographer and package
-Chose BMs, ordered their dresses
-Put together ceremony guest list
-Booked officiant, though he’s a friend so it was pretty much automatic, ha
-Met with the florist for ideas & I think I know what I want now
I feel like I have so much I want to do before I move for school!
Post # 10
For August, my goals are:
- Meet with the florist, start discussing options
- Take our e-pics (just did those last week)
- Design and order Save the Dates
- Research DJs
- Finalize guest list
For September, I’m looking at these things:
- Shopping for wedding bands with Fiance
- Browsing bridesmaid dresses with some of my girls (only one is in town, and another is reasonably close).
- Booking the DJ
- Sending out our Save the Dates
Here is what I have accomplished so far:
- Reception venue, Ceremony site booked.
- Food taken care of through the reception site, just have to do a tasting closer to the wedding date.
- Pianist and officiant booked
- Dress purchased
- Photographer booked
- E-pics taken
- Started purchasing Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts
- Started guest list, e-mailed people for addresses
I feel like I’ve done more, but maybe I haven’t. Oh well! I feel good with what I have accomplished for right now.
Post # 11
Yay! We’ve sent out our save-the-dates and bought FI’s wedding band already! It’s so cute, he’s so excited to wear it. I’ve also bought my outfit for the engagement party and we’ve finally decided on a song for the recessional!
Post # 12
Wow, you guys are so organised! I only got engaged about 6 weeks ago but we’re going for a June 2012 wedding (it’s mostly to co-incide with a free honeymoon we’ve been offered at FI’s parents’ timeshare apartment).
So far all we’ve done is chosen a date and venue, which we will be contracting and putting the deposit down for this week.
I have ideas about dresses, decor, colours, etc but haven’t bought or confirmed a single thing yet. Anyone who’s panicking seriously don’t, or just think about me having done nothing!
Post # 13
so this type of thread really helped me in July so lets see if it can do the same for Aug.
In the beginning of the month I planned to:
- sign contract and leave deposit with DJ -moved appt to Sept.
- pick videographer
- pick save the date and order – half a check-waiting for proofs to approve and then will be shipped here
- pick hotel
- pick limo
- set date with bridesmaids to shop for their dresses – going in two weeks!!
- meet with florists
- make hair appts for that day – will do at my hair appt next week
- finish wedding website for when std go out
being half way through the month already I know a nubmer of these things are not going to get done, but some others have in their place
- bought flower girl basket
- his grandma is making ring bear pillow
- started diy favors – need to fiddle around some more to get them exactly how we want
so that doesn’t sound like that much but it felt good at the time. I guess the main thing for this month is that I don’t feel has stressed as I did, I am feeling like things will come together throughout the year so that is a wonderful thing!