(Closed) What’s a Jack & Jill?

posted 8 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

It’s a couples wedding shower/party. This way the men can be included on all the fun too =)

Post # 5
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

A big difference between it and a normal shower is that usually people buy tickets to get in so it sort of helps finance the wedding.

Post # 6
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

People buy tickets to an event in which they are giving gifts? Weird.

Post # 7
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - MacLean Park

That is strange. I’ve never heard of it, I thought you were referencing Jack and Jill bathrooms, where there’s a shared bathroom between two bedrooms. Interesting…

Post # 8
17 posts
  • Wedding: June 2011

Jacks and Jills are to help out the couple financially with the Wedding.  Both men and women go.  Yes it is normal to buy a gift for the couple and buy a ticket to the event itself.  Alot of the times they have games and raffles where the guest can win prizes.  We have them in Mass all the time but I’m sure they are not popular everywhere.

Post # 9
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Around here, a Jack and Jill is a party for both male and female friends of the couple. We do buy tickets, but that is in lieu of gifts. The bridal party usually throws it for the couple. We are having one this weekend, providing food, DJ and dancing and some great raffle prizes. The ticket sales for admission, $10 in our case and the raffle proceedes go to the couple in lieu of shower gifts. The couple that we are having one for have lived together in their home for a few years. They have already established their home and do not have the room for shower gifts. Typically there is either a shower or a Jack and Jill. Both is considered tacky. My sister is the bride, an their proceeds are going towards their honeymoon.

The topic ‘What’s a Jack & Jill?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors