- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2009
I have never lived with my hubby or any man so it’s a totally new experience, there are big things and little things:
1. Getting used to my married name, sometimes I sign my old name and catch myself on time….or not; then I get called for example in the doc’s office I don’t recognize me new name hahaha
2. Learning to think of we not me and our and not my; my hubby keeps correcting me, I still think as a single girl, he’s still training me on that one
3. Doing groceries for two not one; the grocery bill has doubled, I have to double the portions when we go grocery shopping together; very strange
4. Sharing the covers; my hubby is 6 foot 3 and I’m 5 foot one we have a double right now and its cold in England where I moved after the wedding, so we find ourselves stealing the blankets in our sleep while the other one shivers
5. Thinking of cost-cutting habits; I was frugal before and more so now that OIleft my job and moved and there are two of us; I rediscovered the library, googling free stuff like free salsa lessons free swimming lessons and finding deals
6. Remembering I have in-laws now who are my family now not just his; that’s a tough one because I love my family and had to leave them when I moved to Europe; takes getting used to visiting in-laws instead of my own family; I compromise by just visiting once a month; I dont think my hubby expects me to visit his grandpa every week like he does, I think that’s wife overkill; once a month is a compromise
7. cooking for two of us not just me; I have to remember what he likes and doesnt like so we can both enjoy our meals
8. Going out as a couple instead of a single girl; we were long distance so it takes some getting used to double dating rather than me heading out with my single girlfirends for a girls night out
9. Remembering to get two hymn books at church not one–he looked at me funny, oh yeah there’s two of us hahaha
10. Having a joint bank account, both our names on utility and the credit ccards wow, we are joined even in finances, we are truly a unit.
11. Learning to live with a man, I am tidy, he likes to leave stuff wherever; at first I used to pick after him, now I just leave it and give friendly reminders haha; I say I never picked up after anyone and dont plan to where you leave things thats where it will stay; so when he comes home I set the table around his stuff, haha
12. sharing household chores
13 Doing things together; really nice doing everything with my hubby–groceries, going to church, errands, quite nice, sharing meals at home
14. Seeing our rings on our hands, that always makes me feel good; my babe has a huge gold band maybe1/2 inch in width, very common in England, makes me feel loved and he is proud to be married to me
15. Saying my husband instead of fiance or boyfriends; really thrilling!
16. Running plans by each other because there is two not one now.
17. Baking more and cooking more elaborate dishes; I can now make a trifle, chocolate cake, apple tartlets, sponge cake, scones, seafood, lasagna, stuffed mushroom, stuffed bell pepper, poached pears, cookies, profiteroles, canelloni, stuffed chicken wrapped in ham and more; I never used to do so much cooking now I love it!!must be the nurturing instinct