What's the best Android tablet under $150?

posted 3 years ago in Technology
Post # 3
2657 posts
Sugar bee

The older (2012) Nexus 7’s are selling for a little over $150 on Amazon right now (http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Google-Nexus-7-Inch-Tablet/dp/B009X3UW2G).  FI has one and it has worked beautifully for 2 years.  Also, Nexus devices are great because the software is updated directly by Google instead of by the hardware company.  Don’t have to wait at all for software updates and new features introduced by Google.

Post # 4
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Mines an Asus 17 inch memo for $149…. I don’t know how great it is but I have no complaint and it gets the job done

Post # 6
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am interested in the outcome an suggestions too

Post # 7
Hostess
15072 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

If he’s a real customizer tech geek,  go for the Nexus 7. I just got a Samsung Tab 3, I love my Samsung phone but I am meh on the tablet especially since it’s only 8 gb and most games and apps won’t move to SD cards (thanks to effing Google, grrrr).  In my experience, 16gb is the bare minimum that I can have but 32 is preferable. I also have a Amazon Kindle Fire Hdx,  but the fire Hd is in that price range.  It’s technically Android, but it is limiting to mostly amazon apps. I’m finding much more versatile that I had originally thought it was going to be, and it does some things that stock android won’t, like run certain video players. I also have a Toshiba Excited.  I love the product but since it’s not one of the most popular it doesn’t have some of the tools and toys I would like it too.  

I would look at some reviews of potentials on Android police or Android authority. Before I buy any android product I always look to them first for reviews being the experts. 

Groupon has the Nexus 7 32gb right now for 149 with free shipping. 

Post # 8
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I bought my fiance a NextBook 7″ tablet for Christmas, and he loves it! It’s made by Google so it’s not a piece of crap. I got it on Black Friday for $70, I think they are regularly $100.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors