Post # 1
I’ve only been to color scheme weddings, so i’d love to attend something really fun and bizarre. Please share your experiences!
Post # 3
@Aquaria: Mine was baseball-themed. Not really “out-there” (most of it was fairly traditional), but we did have some unique elements:
- our engagement pictures were taken at our favourite team’s stadium, and our Save The Date looked like a baseball ticket
- our invitations were designed as tickets, and the RSVP portion was perforated and ripped off my guests to send back
- our ceremony program was an official lineup (the wedding party) and scorecard (we broke up the order of the wedding into “innings”)
- recessional was a sing-along with our guests to “Take Me Out To The Ball Game”
- our tables weren’t numbered, they were named after teams, and each guest was “drafted” to a team. Team pennants indicated which table was which, and the centrepieces were gerber daisies in a vase painted like a basebal
- there was a concession stand during cocktail hour with pretzels, Cracker Jack, and Hershey’s Kisses (we had peanut allergies, so we had to forgo nuts)
- our escort cards were baseball tickets
- our introduction was voiced by the radio voice of our favourite baseball team
- all our dinner music was baseball themed, interspersed with famous baseball radio calls
- our cake topper was custom made, and featured my husband and me in our favourite players’ jerseys
- our favour was custom M&Ms with our favourite baseball team’s logo printed on them
- the groomsmen wore baseball hats (during the reception only) and customized Nikes
- most of our formal pictures were with baseball bats, gloves and balls
And last but not least, instead of having a photobooth, we had our team’s mascot take pictures with guests during cocktail hour. He then escorted our bridesmaids into the reception!
I LOVED planning my themed wedding. I was happy we were engaged for almost two years so I could incorporate all of the elements I wanted. It was a lot of work, but it all paid off. Everyone loved it!
Post # 4
@mgol25: Have you done a photo recap yet?! Your wedding sounds like so much fun and I’d love to see pics!
Post # 5
A friend of mine went to a Halloween wedding where all the guests had to come in costume.
Another one of my friends is having a Disney-themed wedding, and each bridesmaid and groomsman pair will be dressing like a different Disney couple (Aladdin and Jasmine, Ariel and Eric, etc.)
Post # 6
@mgol25: That sounds like fun!
Post # 7
My friend planned a “Fishin’ in the Dark” wedding. Like the country song. Evening ceremony followed by a reception at docks with snacks and everyone just alternating fishing and dancing lol. Not too out there except all the FB groups were like “Bob and Brit: Fishin’ in the Dark” like it was a title of their event haha. Engagement pics were fishing, invites had fishies but were really cute, etc
Post # 8
@LedeLady: Thanks! I haven’t really devoted any time to organizing photos and doing a recap yet – I submitted an entry for Real Weddings on the ‘Bee, so hopefully they pick mine. If not, I’ll put something together for the boards in the next month or so. I did post my Engagement Photos, and my photographer posted some photos as well.
Post # 9
@mgol25: Your wedding looks like it was a blast! LOVE your shoes and bouts! It’s obvious you put a lot of time and thought into everything. Congrats and well done, from a fellow baseball lover 🙂
Post # 10
@LedeLady: Thanks so much! 🙂