- 3 years ago
- Wedding: September 2009
I am 33, and TTC since I had my paragard removed in May. AF came today (devastated) and means we are entering cycle #9. First cycle was a little wonky, but since then, I consistently ovulate on CD 15, with an 11-12 day luteal phase based on charting (though gave up the last 2 months). I am at a healthy weight, in excellent health, with no history of STDs, smoking, etc. DH is 33 and has no risk factors for infertility. DH’s family doctor did an “unofficial sperm sample” and the number was fine, though he stated he didn’t know enough to check morphology. I’ve done acupuncture but had to stop because it worsened my migraines. I have taken mucinex, eaten pineapple, did OPKs 2 months (though stressed me out), laid down for 20 minutes after, etc.
I am debating on whether to get some labs done to look for infertility causes- I really don’t want to, but it will be a little cheaper if we get it done before the end of the year, and I don’t know whether I should just wait/work on timing and stress, or if there is likely a medical problem.
The only possibilities I can come up with:
1. Timing: DH and I work 1.5 hours away and don’t get to see each other every night, though this ends in April. Is this timing enough?
first cycle: 0-4, O-1, O+1. 2nd: O-2, O-1, O, O+1. 3rd: O-1, O, O+1. 4th: O-4, O-2, O. 5th: O-4, O-3, O-2, O. 6th: O-3, O-2, O-1. 7th: O-1, O+1. 8th: 0-4, O, O+1.
2. CM is a little low. I have been doing mucinex with most cycles. I just bought preseed in time to use once last cycle the day I ovulated.
3. My stress level is super high, though I am still ovulating, not sure how much this will affect it.
4. I could have endometroisis- periods are mildly painful.
5. I have antiphospholipid antibodies but was told this is far more likely to cause problems with miscarriage than infertility.
6. Just bad luck- if we keep trying, it should happen soon?
Thanks for ANY suggestions, advice, encouragement! I am so frustrated and feel so alone.