Post # 1
My Fiance and I got our engagement pictures taken about 2 weeks ago! We got engaged in August of this year and are getting married in March 2011. I was under the impression you got engagement pictures taken for your announcement, website, ect. I have numerous friends and family that have commented on getting them taken way too soon. What are your thoughts?
Post # 3
- Wedding: July 2010 - Anela Garden Chapel & Japanese Cultural Center, Honolulu
I think you can take them whenever. A lot of people might need them for save the dates and such, like you said.
Personally we’ll be doing ours at about the 6 month mark 🙂
Post # 4
We got ours taken on halloween. and our wedding isn’t until 1-11-11 so we have a way. But theres not really a set time. I was worried about getting em done too soon as well, but i’m glad we did because we are sending them out as christmas cards and handing them out to our families on thanksgiving!
Post # 5
We’re getting married Oct. 2010 and we’re getting our pics taken right before x-mas this year.
There are circumstances as to why we’re getting them done that early, but i dont feel like its ridiculously early.
Post # 6
We got engaged in July 2008, and had our engagement photos taken in September of that year. Our wedding was September of the following year. We did that for a few reasons:
1. We wanted the photo for our STD, and since we were having a destination wedding, we wanted to send those out in Oct/Nov.
2. 14 months was a long time to wait for the wedding 🙂 We decided that taking engagement photos was a good way to officially kick off the planning and get excited about it. And the photos held us over for a few months until the hardcore planning started to kick in (seating, invitations, etc.).
3. Our website. Yeah, we’re lame, but we wanted to display the photos on our site.
4. Because we had a destination wedding, we didn’t use the same photographer who would do our wedding, so the e-session was a separate cost for us, whereas if you use your wedding photog, it’s usually offered as a free service in your package. So we decided that having our e-session early would ease up our finances a bit closer to the wedding.
Post # 7
We got engaged November 2008 and our E-pics were done in April 2009 and our wedding was October 2009. I wanted spring e-pics since I didn’t get the Spring wedding that I originally wanted.
Post # 8
We got engaged May of 2009, and had ours taken Sept. of 2009. We don’t have a wedding date yet and don’t know if we’ll use them for anything wedding related. I just wanted a chance to get nice photos of us…since we don’t have any.
And I got mine for free!
Post # 9
i’m wondering this too because our wedding isn’t until october 2011.. we plan on taking them in the spring and summer of 2010. ( we are doing 2 sessions )
@MissyDoodle – i love your wedding date!!!
Post # 10
I was curious about this. We were engaged in Oct. 09 but I didn’t figure we would get our photos done until next spring we get married in June. It is because I hadn’t found a photographer and the money isn’t available right now.
Post # 11
LOL we took ours the SUNDAY before our wedding. Yup!
We got engaged in Nov. 08 and got married in Oct. 09. But I had just started a new job, my sister had her first baby (prematurely), the holidays happened, then we wanted to wait for nice weather to take them outside. Then May, June, July, August and September went without a single weekend that we could coordinate photos with our photographer! So, we did them the weekend before our wedding…when we were both on vacation and our photographer had time.
They came out great!
Post # 12
We got ours the month afte we were engaged 🙂 I was so excited I wanted to get them done!
Post # 13
Oh, some of you might ask why we even bothered…well, I wanted some nice non-wedding pictures of us, and, our photographer created a big signing board (which ultimately gets framed with the pictures) with the e-photos for our wedding guests to sign in lieu of a guest book.
Post # 14
We got engaged in August 09, took the pictures in October and are getting married July 10. Like many of the people above, I wanted to have them for our Save-The-Date Cards and our website. Plus, I’d always wanted a fall wedding but can’t (academic schedule), so this was my way of putting a bit of fall into our pictures.
I don’t think there’s a real set time-frame – do them when you want to do them! It’s not like you’re not engaged or that the pictures will be out of style or won’t look like you in the next year.
Post # 15
I’m getting married in april and I got officially engaged in september and took the photos in October only because I wanted Fall and Spring pictures. I dont think it matters when you take them. Do whatever you want to do and whenever you feel comfortable. They’re your pictures!
Post # 16
- Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!
We got engaged on 1/1/09, and we had ours taken 2 weeks ago! I think you can have them taken whenever you want, though. :p