(Closed) when to register & how do you know what to register for?! (post your list!)

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@dynamic_duo:  I used Lucie’s List as a guide. Too many options overwhelm me in the worst sort of way, and she really helped narrow it down for me. I set up private wish lists on BRU and Amazon.com, and when I was ready to make an actual registry I just moved them over. 

Post # 4
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I started making my registry at about 15 weeks. I would research some of the big items to figure out what I wanted and then added it to my list. Then at about 28 weeks or so DH and I went to the store to register for everything else we wanted to see in person. At BRU they give you a checklist of things they suggest you register for. Some things you can choose to skip over, but it was a good guideline and reminded us of some things we may have forgotten.

Post # 5
31 posts
Newbee

I had no idea what to register for in the beginning either.  I looked at friends’ registires to get an idea, also Lucie’s List emails you a registry guide which was super helpful and I loved the book Baby Bargains.  They cover a lot of the big items, like cribs, car seats, high chairs, tubs, bouncers, swings, etc.  Another useful tip from friends, register for items in a wide range of price points so people have options when picking out your gifts.  So I put books, cd’s and bibs, cups, etc. for the people that wanted to pick out a little something, but then some big ticket items because some people did group gifts.  Another great tip I got was to register for a lot of things because you will get a registry completion discount (10% but it still helps) that you can use after your shower or even after baby to stock up on things you like and may have forgotten.  Also, the big stores (BBB, BRU, Target) allow you to return anything from your registry and get store credit.

Good luck!

Post # 7
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I just checked out Lucie’s List- her website is awesome. I laughed so hard I was in tears after reading the postpartum section of her site.

She does some great comparisons on different essential equipment, which I found helpful because I get way too overwhelmed by all of the choices.

The topic ‘when to register & how do you know what to register for?! (post your list!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors