(Closed) When hubby is 100% giddy during pregnancy

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Make him hold your hair back…he needs to see the ugly side of pregnancy Laughing. Let hi float on cloud 9 for awhile…he’ll come back down to earth soon enough, haha.

PS i think it’s super cute your husband is all excited. Mine has a mental stigma that pregnant women are “gross” (ugh–i think it’s b/c he’s never been around a pregnant lady) so I think the fact that he’s bubbly and on cloud 9 is awesome =]

Post # 4
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

Isn’t it cute when guys who are ready for fatherhood are so giddy about it?  My husband is the same way.  He’s been very loving and supportive through my mood swings and intestinal changes and everything else that comes with the territory. 

Yes, in some ways, I am more the ‘pessimist’–always thinking about finances, health and practical stuff, but that’s the way I am in our regular relationship, too.  I think my brain can handle the hard realities.  We’ve recently figured that out… I don’t bring up as many of the bad things with him, but I do make sure to have a support system to talk to about those things.  He sees enough of the hormonal and physical changes, and for not carrying this baby like I am, has expressed a ton of interest and excitement.  For me, that’s a valuable counterpoint to the sobering reality of having a baby.

Post # 5
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Aw… that’s so cute, but I’m sorry you feel that way sometimes. Totally understandable though. Maybe sit him down and be like I know we’re all excited, but we really need to be serious about this for a few minutes okay? and hash it out?

Post # 7
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

My husband, who is the step-father of my two daughters, is also super giddy and excited with my being pregnant with his first child. For the most part I’m okay with it, but I do get kind of annoyed sometimes.  He and my younger daughter think morning sickness and dry-heaving is the most hilarious thing they’ve ever seen & heard, so they’re bonding over that while I’m just feeling crappy. Sometimes, I catch him watching me like a lovesick little puppy, and when I ask him what the hell is wrong with him, he just sighs and tells me I’m so beautiful and he’s so lucky I’m having his baby, or he’ll tell the girls, “your mom is so pretty.” I know I should be all flattered and grateful, but right now, I feel like a blobby science experimemt, so it annoys me. I usually snap back at him with something super gross about being pregnant, and how does he feel about that? He thinks it’s soooo funny.

He’s actually also the one who’s more worried about health and finances. I’m considered high-risk and have to have ultrasounds every two weeks and we have to travel to see a Perinatologist a few times. Well, I argued with my dr that I didn’t think that all the testing and appts were neccesary, but he totally took their side and he’s doing research on all the little health issues that could pop up. Whatever. I don’t worry about $ by nature so that’s all him.

With my first daughter, her father went through a fairy tale period. We had only been casually dating. He was really excited and daydreamy about it. And then one day it hit him, and he was literally like “oh shit,” only whatever that would be in spanish. So, it caught up with him. I’m sure your husband will come around to reality in his own time!! He sounds like a total sweetheart!!

Post # 8
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

My DH was like that until a week ago.  I’m due in 10 days.  LOL!  All the sudden it hit him that things needed to GET DONE before the baby gets here, DUH!  He fixed and cleaned up the spare bedroom, and has moved on to other areas of the house to clean now.  It’s great, but I was like “Um, what do you think I’ve been nagging about for nine months??”

Silly men.

The topic ‘When hubby is 100% giddy during pregnancy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors