- 3 years ago
- Wedding: December 2010
Bee’s, I need some serious advice.
I work 3 days a week at as front office concierge/receptionist at a business services company and have been there for over a year. I have felt like it is time to leave for a while and after applying for a few jobs I have an interview this afternoon for a donor relations role for a charity supporting young people with and affected by cancer. I was really excited yesterday but now I am thinking leaving my current job is a big mistake.
Current Job Pros
– The hours suit my needs for university and I am able to work more when I am on holidays
– I really enjoy working with the people I work with (except one!)
– I know my job back to front and am confident in my abilities
– When I am on reception, if it is quiet I am able to do uni work
Current Job Negatives
– The managing director is crazy. She runs hot and cold and you never know what kind of mood she is going to be in. She can be pretty nasty and fake.
– The MD hates it when people take leave – regardless of if they are sick, someone has died or if you are having a person crisis.
– My direct manager is looking for a new job and she holds the place together.
My managing director has just hired a General manager who started yesterday and once she is fully trained the MD will be stepping away from the business to work “behind the scenes”. Her fiancée lives in another state and I believe she will be spending most of her time with him. I haven’t met the new GM yet – not sure if she is going to be a good boss or just as bad as my MD.
The new role I am going for seems good – they know about my study commitments, they have said I can take the holiday I already have booked for the end of the year and the work seems like something I can do and doesn’t have money targets to hit with donations (it is more updating records and admin then trying to get donations). I just worry I won’t like the job, or will not like the people I work with and regret leaving my current role.
I really don’t know what to do. Advice?