- 3 years ago
- Wedding: November 2014
15 months into planning and a few weeks away from the big day, my FI and I recently looked back and laughed at some of the things we had our “hearts set on” for the wedding, and either couldn’t afford/couldn’t fit/couldn’t care less as time went on!
Pinterest is a bitch that way. I spent hours pinning the perfect vision wedding. Then reality set in!
Some things we scratched off entirely, others we came up with alternatives. For example…
– Bye, bye, photobooth
– Personalized robes for the bridal party getting ready? Here’s a scarf.
– A video montage in lieu of a father/daugher dance. Ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat!! Plus, it’ll be too emotional.
– Candy bar? I’m sure that consists of more than 3 candy bowls, but 3 is all we’re doing!
– Signature drink – I’m going to have 2 self serve giant glass spout-pour jugs of apple cider and a suggested list of “spikes”. Cinnamon whiskey and pumpkin vodka, maybe. No martinis or anything. Our package doesn’t include it.
– Engagement photos in an apple orchard…we opted to put the money towards thank you’s since they’ll actually be useful.
– Putting up photos of our parents/grandparents weddings…seems simple, right? It was like pulling teeth to get these things from his family. NEXT!!!
– A bacon bar. I lost track of that a loooong time ago.
– And my personal favorite, and I quote, “As favors we can make apple pie moonshine and put them in mason jars with a cute than you tag of our names and date!!” HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! No.
Life got in the way. Our dimishing budget drove a lot of it away. I’m fine with all of it!
So bees, what have you compromised or done away with it over the planning process?