- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
I am in need of advice. I have a very difficult decision to make.
My wedding is planned for May 4th, in less than four months. I’ve been planning for more than a year and everything has been booked and planned right down to the candles in the restrooms. It was shaping up to be the perfect day.
But now my mom is sick. She has Stage 4 Inflamatory Breast Cancer. All through the planning she had been healthy enough, but a bad reaction to her last chemo drug has left her frail and in a great deal of pain. She needs oxygen to get upstairs and she needs help to go to the bathroom. All of this has happened very suddenly, but she keeps telling us to continue on with the wedding plans. She says that she will be at the ceremony at the very least but might not make the reception.
I’m afraid she won’t make the wedding at all. Either she will have passed before or she will be so sick she can’t attend. I don’t know what to do. If I continue with the wedding as planned it could turn into a horrible disaster. I don’t want to cancel it altogether because I love my fiancé and we are eager to start our lives together. But, if I move up the date I feel like I am disobeying her wishes and betting that she will die in the next 4 months.
What do I do? It’s a lose-lose situation. I don’t want to throw away all of the deposits and planning, but I don’t want to have a wedding if my mom isn’t going to be there.