- 3 years ago
- Wedding: September 2014
Wondering if you could share some of your wisdom! Or just say what you would do if you were me?
Me and FI have decided to TTC this coming year after the wedding in Sept.
I just don’t know if I want to try right away or not- here are the factors:
I am 26, FI will be 30 in 2 months- no fertility issues that we know of, I have been on the pill for about 5-6 years ( am not under any circumstance getting off the pill before we come back from honeymoon)
My F/T job has a major project Feb-Apr that I run ( I can get the ‘hard’ part done earlier as soon as I have previous years financials, but I probably shouldn’t be on Mat leave during that time)
I am hoping to swing a work from home-extend my FMLA so I can be home the majority of my babys first year ( hoping to BF) so I am planning to work from home when I can around 6 weeks PP , to extend my FMLA and at 3 months go into the office a few days a week and work from home until baby is 6-7 months old. I know with my work that this is easiest sept- Jan ( people get pretty lax when holidays roll around). Sadly I cannot quit lol but I would really like to be at home with my baby to BF as long as possibly ( would ideally like a year lol!)
So while our plan was to wait until Jan, I almost think it would be better to TTC right away so I have more time in 2015 to be home with my baby until the project starts? I don’t think I can/ they would tolerate me being home during the project time unfortunatly. I would have my mom or MIL or FI help with the baby when working from home ( FI works odd schedule, MILS are close by)
The only thing that is holding me back from TTC right away is that I really want to go to HP land and Key west before we have kids ( we are doing St Lucia for honeymoon – so the only time we would be able to go would be after 2015 when vaca time resets, we are orignally thinking going in Feb and Id rather not go pregnant!). ALso there is a prenatal yoga teacher training in Spring 2015 and if I get pg in october I might have a baby in the middle of it ( I know they will be accomodating for that, It would likely just be harder for me)
on the other hand I have baby fever and my sister is going to TTC in Sept so I feel like I want to be pregnant with her, how fun 🙂
OK, poll above please let me know your thoughts!!! I feel like I need to decide soon as I should be taking prenatals if we are to try in Sept/Oct
- This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Boxerlover24.