When to cash checks?? Wedding 9/7/13

posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
293 posts
Helper bee

Cash them ASAP so they and you don’t worry about losing it or getting it stolen. Be sure to let them know you have recieved it, and give them an informal thank you. Send the formal thank you card with the rest of the thank you cards.

Post # 4
Hostess
9908 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

@FutureMrsMK:  cash them for whatever date is on them.  If they are post dated for the wedding wait until the wedding.  If they’re current then cash them, just don’t spend the money until after.  I would also send a thank you note right away so they know you got it.

Post # 5
1103 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I hate having outstanding checks, so i would say cash them.  If I sent a check prior to wedding, I’d excpet it to get cashed before as I figure you’ll probably be busy after!!

Post # 6
6505 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

We sent out a thank you and deposited them a couple days after that. I personally hate having outstanding checks so I definitely prefer it when people deposit them within a week!

Post # 8
3249 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@FutureMrsMK:  I would cash them right away, and send a thank you note right away.  I normally say wait until after the wedding to send thank you’s, but in this case I’d send it right away.

Post # 9
2555 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@FutureMrsMK:  I know from my pov, I can’t stand to give someone a check and have them sit on it. I hate it. Lol. So cash it within a week of reciept. 🙂 If they wanted you to wait until after your wedding, they would send it to you after your wedding

Post # 10
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Cash them now.    That way it isn’t a pending surprise and none of them will accidentally bounce. 

Post # 11
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We’ve opened all gifts & cashed all checks as they come in.  Thank yous went out into the mailbox the same day.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors