(Closed) Where are all my March 2012 ladies at?

posted 7 years ago in March 2012
Post # 3
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Yay, another March 2012 bee! Have you gotten much planning done?

I have to admit, I got a little freaked out when the 1 year mark passed.

Post # 4
1488 posts
Bumble bee

Yay! Hopefully the March 2012 board starts getting busy!

Oh, I freaked when the 1 year mark passed too.

Post # 5
269 posts
Helper bee

Hi!! I’m a March 2012 bride!! March 17th to be exact!! Anyone else having a St. Patty’s Day wedding?! 

Post # 7
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@floridabride12: Yay! A date twin!

@SoonToBeeMrsD: Hello, hello! Thanks for starting this thread, I was just wondering where all my March girls were at, considering today is the last day of March. Woop! I got engaged last June, so I’ve been waiting for March to be here and gone so I can tell everyone I’m getting married in March, not “next next March” or “March of 2012.” πŸ™‚

Post # 8
569 posts
Busy bee

@heyitskate: Yay, we’re date twins!! Are you having green beer?

Post # 9
153 posts
Blushing bee

@McVerde:

@heyitskate:

yay, st. patty’s day date twins!!! how exciting!! πŸ™‚ 

what are you two doing for colors? we are having a black and white wedding (black bridemaids dresses and linens) and the only color i am using is with the flowers. we wanted a vibrant color to really contrast with the black. i originally wanted to have a bright spring green, but i got nervous green would be too cliche with the date. so we decided on bright yellow. now i am having doubts and think i want green again! i lean towards more of a classic/vintage inspired style which i think would work better with the green and i am also wondering if the bright yellow would be too modern looking… i am so indecisive! what do you girls think?

Post # 11
269 posts
Helper bee

@brittie ann: Yay!! date twins! I’m so excited!  Since the wedding falls on St. Pattys Day I didn’t want to not use green at all but I KNEW I didn’t want it as my bm colors or my theme…So I decided that I was going to do a peacock theme…It has both greens and blues in hues that I like…My bm dresses are all going to be a dark blue….

@McVerde: Green beer maybe!! I know we are def going to stock up on Guinness and Jameson!  Are you having corned beef and cabbage lol? We were thinking since it is on St. Pats Day that maybe we’d try to incorporate it somehow in the cocktail hour so its not the main course but who knows right now!!  

Post # 12
1920 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m a March 2012 bride too. March 30th. I didn’t even realize next year St. patty’s day fell on a Saturday. Those will be some fun weddings!

Post # 13
153 posts
Blushing bee

@SoonToBeeMrsD: ahhh, thank you! you’re amazing! both of those look gorgeous! and pretty much exactly the look i’m going for! i really think i am leaning towards the green again (my original thought), but it makes me nervous with my date… not that it truly matters what everyone else thinks, but i don’t want it ending up looking cheesy in any way! but then again i love the yellow too! and the two of us both love to be unique but in a classic way, which i really think the yellow has more of that vibe… haha, told you i was indecisive!

@heyitskate: i LOVE the peacock theme idea! i actually thought about using the bright lime-ish green with a darker teal and have a peacock theme, but my fiance wasn’t a big fan… i had always liked the idea of green, but with the date it made me question it. since i am having black bridesmaids dresses and black vests for the groomsmen, really the only green would be in the florals. i think we could definitely do that in a classy/ non-cliche way but i don’t know! i think i would be most apprehensive to tell people that our color is green and knowing the date they will automatically picture cheeseball st. patty’s decorations and tacky things like that!

we won’t have any green beer, but definitely guinness (the only beer i will drink) and jameson like you said! πŸ™‚ possibly some green martinis if we end up choosing green! i think it is hilarious because we are having our wedding on st. patrick’s day which covers part of my heritage and the ceremony will be at a polish basilica in chicago and our reception at an italian restaurant which covers both of my fiance’s heritages! we did not plan that, but i think it’s kind of cute how it worked out! πŸ™‚

Post # 14
30 posts
Newbee

I am March 10!! I am soo excited that the one year mark passed, freaked out a little actually. But I love being able to say NEXT March instead of March of TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE. Something about when I say that year just sounds… snooty. HAHA

Post # 15
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@wcometa: Yay, another date twin!

Post # 16
569 posts
Busy bee

@heyitskate:  Yes, we’re definitely doing green beer. Not sure about corned beef and cabbage, but I like your idea of incorporating it into the cocktail hour. I think we’ll try to do a mashed potato bar, too.

@brittie ann: I was afraid of using green and looking cheesy, too. Luckily, I found some invites that use green but just look really vintage and classy instead of cheesy. So our colors are ivory and black with pops of pale green (like mint green). Like you, I did not want to put my BMs in green dresses, so they’re choosing their own black dresses. Here’s a pic of the thank you card that goes with my invitation package, so you get an idea….

I definitely think yellow and/or a yellowy green (or even apple green – I see that a lot) would look really pretty with the black and white. And I think you can make it as modern or as vintage looking as you want depending on the pattern or motif and fonts you end up choosing.

Our officiant will be in a kilt and we’re having a Celtic ceremony with the handfasting ritual and the bell of truce.

I do have a real weakness for cheesy St Patrick’s Day props, but I did’t want people to feel ike they’re just at a St Paddy’s Day party. I decided to do a photobooth and have lots of silly St Patrick’s Day hats and glasses and stuff.

The topic ‘Where are all my March 2012 ladies at?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors