(Closed) Where are my 10/16/10 ladies? It is the “sweestest day” to get married!!!

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m 10/16/10 too! I had never heard of the sweetest day until after we picked the date!

Post # 4
61 posts
Worker bee

me too.  why is it the sweetest day?

Post # 5
1816 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Me too!

Post # 6
292 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Is it the sweetest day because it’s my birthday?!
Yeah, I’m not narcissistic Hahaha

Post # 8
61 posts
Worker bee

maybe this calls for a candy bar at the reception :).

Sweetest Day is an observance celebrated primarily in the Great Lakes region and parts of the Northeast United States on the third Saturday in October.  It is described by Retail Confectioners International, as “much more important for candymakers in some regions than in others (Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo being the biggest Sweetest Day cities)” and an “occasion which offers all of us an opportunity to remember not only the sick, aged and orphaned, but also friends, relatives and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed.” Sweetest Day has also been referred to as a “concocted Promotion” created by the candy industry solely to increase sales of candy. Persistent claims have also been made that Sweetest Day was manufactured by the American Greetings Company or Hallmark Cards in order to boost sales. In 2006, Hallmark marketed 151 greeting card designs for Sweetest Day. American Greetings marketed 178.

Post # 9
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Yeah 10/16/10

Post # 10
1487 posts
Bumble bee

Here!  And I completely didn’t realize it was Sweetest Day until I read this.  Wow, I’m late to the party.

Post # 11
177 posts
Blushing bee

Hooray, I’m glad to see many others getting married the same day! I didn’t know about sweetest day either! Awesome :]

Post # 12
18 posts
Newbee

here i am!! a little late but happy to see all of my twins!!! can’t wait for our big days to come!

Post # 13
645 posts
Busy bee

10/16/10 is our date too!! So excited!

Post # 14
61 posts
Worker bee

I’m 10/16/10 too! Woohoo!

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee

We am getting married 10/16/10 in Los Angeles!! i can’t believe it’s sweetest day!! I had no idea!! YAY!! for that!!

The topic ‘Where are my 10/16/10 ladies? It is the “sweestest day” to get married!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors