(Closed) Where are the 2013 pittsburgh brides?

posted 6 years ago in Pittsburgh
Post # 3
1600 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hello! I am a September 2013 bride from the South Hills of Pittsburgh (think Kennywood area)!

My dress was a bit of an ordeal, only because I didn’t expect to be so picky! But I finally bought one 2 weekends ago at Carlisle’s in the North Hills on McKnight Road.

Our reception will be at Broughton Fire Hall in South Park and we are still trying to find a ceremony location (hoping for some type of theatre).

We are going to meet with Woody’s Catering in a few weeks so hopefully the food will be taken care of soon as well.

I’m thinking that a photographer should be the next order of business but I’m a little nervous about finding someone who does quality work and is within our budget (around $1000).

What part of Pittsburgh are you in? 

Post # 5
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Hi! Pittsburgh bride here! I always come check out our section but there seems to be so little movement on the Pittsburgh board there is not much to post about. I’m a North Hills bride, getting married March 2013 at Hardwood Acres Manor in Hampton Township and then doing the reception over at the Chadwick in Wexford. 

I got my dress, but unfortunately I bought it out in Oregon bcause I went shopping out there where my mom lives. Now I have to try and find someone here who can do all my alterations. I’m so nervous!

As for photographers. I went with Lime-Light Images. I really like them though I don’t know how much of a flex you have with your budget. Their basic package with taxes included is costing me $1600. 

We should try and keep the Pittsburgh page moving! I’m always jealous of the areas that have Bee meetups and such. (I only moved here last year, so I’m still working on meeting people in the area).

Hope to hear from more of you again!

Post # 7
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

May 18, 2013

Our ceremony will be outdoors at Roselea Farm in Moon Twp.  The reception is at Quicksilver Golf Club in Midway (towards Burgettstown).  Our photographer is Lime-Light Images.  Cupcakes will be from Sugar Cafe.  Videographer is Steve Woodward.  Officiant is Rev Mark from A Simple Vow.  DJ is Matt Donnelly.

I planned to go to MB bride for my dress in July, but that has been delayed due to breaking my pelvis 4wks ago.

I think that’s all we’ve got for now.

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hi, I’m new to the hive and getting married in Pittsburgh August 2013! We’re getting married a beautiful church in Highland Park, but still working on a reception location.  So far there’s been something that doesn’t fit everywhere we’ve looked.  The next 2 places (and hopefully last 2) that we’re going to check out are the Chadwick and the Aviary.  Anyone have thoughts on these?

Post # 9
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

The Chadwick is nice, they were a little too far for Fi’s family.  I’ve never been to any events at the aviary, just to see birds.

Post # 10
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Cellochick:  Well we are having our reception at the Chadwick. I liked the place and how much is included in the packages. The less I have to worry about and plan the better, in my opinion. We concidered the Aviary but didn’t actually go see the space. With our smaller wedding it didn’t make financial sense to pay the venue rental fee as well as catering, it made our per person way more expensive.

Post # 11
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m a 2013 bride! January! =) Just hit the 6 month mark this week! Eeek!

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Thanks for the thoughts! we’re going with the chadwick as the aviary never returned any of our calls or emails.

Post # 14
1737 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m a Beaver County bride as well 🙂 Our tentative wedding date is October 5, 2013. We just finished visiting a round of venues last week and I’m 95% sure we’re going to have our ceremony at the Rogal Chapel at Robert Morris University in Moon Township and our reception at the Hyeholde. I also really liked the Doubletree on University Blvd but we wanted something less hotel-y for our wedding. Our church pastor will (hopefully) be marrying us, we still need to ask him, though. We are considering Lime-Light Images for our photographer, too. Catering is taken care of by Hyeholde, so that’s one less thing to worry about (yay!).

I really wanted the Aviary but FI was pretty set against the Aviary, Aquarium, and anything else that doubled as an “attraction.” He wants to be sure our wedding will be the focus of the evening, not a bunch of birds or fish. He actually said he was worried that people would RSVP “Yes” even if they didn’t really care about our wedding just so they could get free admission to a Pittsburgh attraction! I argued that if they’re important enough for us to invite, they probably care enough about us to attend no matter what the location is. I don’t think getting to see birds for free is going to be the deciding factor in a potential guest’s RSVP! Sigh.

I’m going dress shopping in November. Planning to go to David’s Bridal in Robinson, Ribbon in Beaver, Deborah’s in Monaca, and Alfred Angelo on McKnight Road.

I am DIY-ing all my flowers – making fabric flower bouquets, centerpieces, etc. It’s a daunting task, which is why I started it yesterday, haha. I want plenty of time to work on it! I’ve also got some other potential DIY projects floating around in my head.

That’s pretty much all we’ve got right now. It’s nice to see other 2013 Pittsburgh brides around these boards 🙂

Post # 15
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hi!

Newly engaged, just stumbled across this Pittsburgh board! I do not have a specific date…we are thinking next May? I realize that we need to get planning especially for the things that need booked-ceremony site, reception site, photographer, DJ. I have an average budget and would love help from other Pgh brides-to-be!

Post # 16
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

January 26th, 2013 
Just set the date yesterday. Ceremony at St. Paul Cathedral and reception at the Carnegie Music Hall Foyer. 6 months to go!

The topic ‘Where are the 2013 pittsburgh brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors