Where are the September 2014 brides at?!

posted 3 years ago in September 2014
  • poll: Am I planning for our 9/19/14 wedding to early?
    yes, slow down : (0 votes)
    no, your right on track : (18 votes)
    100 %
    other - please explain in the comments : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    839 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

@leannteresa1:  I’m a September 2014 bride! I have booked my venue and recently started dress shopping. I have friends and family who got engaged within a month of me, and they set dates sooner than I did. I was ahead of one of them in planning, but I don’t think it really matters. Just keep your planning information vague with her from now on so she doesn’t “steal” any more of your ideas. 

Post # 5
    2657 posts
    Sugar bee

You’re doing just fine.  We have our venue, photographer, officiant, and dress taken care of.  I’ve been engaged since November, so I’ve also been working on some of the details, like paper flower bouquets and decor.  Planning early is the way to go!

Post # 7
    671 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

@leannteresa1:  I’m a September 27, 2014 bride! I’ve also been engaged since last November. Your not planning too early!!! I have booked our venue, caterer, DJ, photographer and baker!! We just took our engagement pictures yesterday. I have already been looking at dresses and we are going again at the end of this month to find “the one” We also have a pile of decor taking up half our living room! Our goal is to have no debt and everything paid for by the time the day is here. We are doing very good so far! 🙂

Post # 9
    127 posts
    Blushing bee

@leannteresa1:  I’m a September 2014 bride and I got engaged in July of this year, as well! I think you’re doing fine. The fact that your FI’s older sister is getting married in July of next year and doesn’t have a venue yet makes me think that she is going to be disappointed in her venue choices! I booked my venue mid August for September 13, 2014, and the venue had already booked up all their October 2014 dates! I have my venue, my dress, my photographer, and my DJ. I’ve narrowed down my choices @ caterers and I’m meeting with them this weekend. I even have my shoes! I much prefer being overly prepared than scrambling at the last minute, so I’m with you.

Post # 11
    140 posts
    Blushing bee

You are def not going to fast! I’m completely done With planning all my vendors,did my std, already did the precana for church and got my dress. Only thing left to do are get bm dresses, order my invitations and make alloff the paper stuff likeprograms etc but I will do that much closer to the wedding.

Post # 12
    1893 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX

I have the church and venue. We picked our flower vendor and DJ. I’ll probably go dress shopping in the next couple of months. We’re having our engagement shoot in November.

Post # 15
    186 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Blue Horse Farm

@soontobehisbride:  

@bleusteel:  

We are date twins!  But wow, you both really make me feel behind!  I was engaged in February and we booked our venue in May.  That is literally the only thing we have done, except we are thinking we will use my cousin as a photographer and that we have a videographer in mind.  I am going to a bridal show with a friend this weekend, and if I don’t find another videographer/photographer that intrests me more I will book both of them. 

I also vaguely decided on my vision of colors and bridesmaid looks and groomsmen looks, but haven’t done anything remotely concrete on those as well.  I was thinking of starting dress shopping next month, just wanted to lose a little weight before I went.  I suppose I could get started on caterers as well!  For a DJ, we have a lot of them that have been recommended by friends, so we might start looking in to those as well.  I just feel like I have so much time, but I guess I shouldn’t feel that way because I don’t want to scramble at the last minute.

Post # 16
    2657 posts
    Sugar bee

@MissGatitas:  Dude, you’re doing really well!  Other having a groom, the venue is the most important thing to have and you’ve booked it already.  We’re still a year and a week out (but who’s counting) and much will be accomplished in that time by all of us 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors