(Closed) Where are us July 2014 brides honeymooning?

posted 4 years ago in July 2014
Post # 3
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

We’re  thinking about going camping since its something we love to do & we can take our dog, we would leave the monday after the wedding as my mom is hosting a family brunch on the Sunday and I want the chance to spend some time with my out of town Famly. Fi has been talking about going to the DR in the winter, so we might be doing two trips.

Post # 4
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

FI wants to go to Disney World.

I want to go to somewhere exotic like Thailand.

My mom want us to go to the typical resort like Cancun.

My BFF want us to go to Europe.

Decisions, decisions!

Post # 6
12 posts
Newbee

We’re thinking of honeymooning in Hawaii! But a friend just pointed out yesterday that we should honeymoon somewhere cool in Asia.. like Bali!!… Since we live in Hong Kong at the moment so should take advantage of our location. I guess we can go to Hawaii anytime we want to when we move back to Vancouver with all the discount flights available from Bellingham 😀

decisions decisions…

Post # 7
323 posts
Helper bee

Fiance and i are thinking of a month long trip. we are cheaping out on the wedding so we have extra money for an awesome honeymoon. so far we figure europe for a week or so, i have thrown around the odea of bali or the maldives for 4 days or so and then maybe thailand and finish in australia since i have a cousin living there. we won’t be honeymooning until the winter though, get out of the cold weather for awhile.

Post # 9
560 posts
Busy bee

@REchick:  wow Maldives!

another place I would like to visit is Punta Cana. My family’s from the Dominican Republic and I’ve visited the motherland a few times but never been to Punta Cana. My only worry is potential hurricanes.

Post # 10
323 posts
Helper bee

@BeeRod527:  

@FoxyBride14:   we are pretty fortunate to work shift work. so we can take 6 days off and have 18 days to go somewhere. Maldives is soooo expensive though, we will see if it happens. if it does it will definitely only be a couple days haha. 

Post # 11
560 posts
Busy bee

@REchick:  I still hope we can go to somewhere like Thailand.  But FI (who will get up to 4 weeks off next year) doesn’t want to take 2 straight weeks off or take vacation mid-week and not on Sunday/Monday.

Post # 12
323 posts
Helper bee

@BeeRod527:  oh but there is sooo much to see in Thailand! A person can’t go somewhere like that for a week. i would say even two weeks would be tight but you could still fit a lot in. i know of a few people who have been there before and they recommend like a month! but that is hard to swing for a lot of people.

Post # 13
560 posts
Busy bee

@REchick:  I know.  My cousin was there for more than 3 weeks during the holidays (I think he went to Bangkok and Phuket).  He had a great time there.  

Post # 14
560 posts
Busy bee

Another place we’re considering is Bermuda. Any thoughts?

Post # 16
255 posts
Helper bee

We’re planning to spend a week in Sonoma/Napa just relaxing and enjoying the countryside with some good food and wine (and maybe do a horseback riding adventure one day).

We want to do Europe for our 1 year anniversary once we’ve had time to save up a bit of $

The topic ‘Where are us July 2014 brides honeymooning?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors