Post # 2
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hawaii 🙂

Post # 3
1209 posts
Bumble bee

Oh so many options! check out all the Sandals resorts…. St Lucia for instance. Our friends had a BEAUTIFUL private villa with golf cart and driver at disposal down to the beach… private infiinity pool over a cliff, panoramic windows in the bedroom over looking the beach… UN real.

Post # 4
245 posts
Helper bee

You could get two weeks all inclusive in Cuba, we’re staying in Holguin, Guardalavaca and the beach at our resort is one of the best in Cuba, snorkeling also looks great, & there are plenty of excursions from the resort, nature treks, jeep safaris, Holguin city by night, although Cuba isn’t renowned for its food, so if this is a big must have I would maybe look elsewhere.

Post # 5
2414 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Costa Rica, most of the Caribbean, South America/Central America.  The possibilities are endless.  

Post # 6
722 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Barcelona! Ocean, amazing food, warm weather, culture…what more could you ask for.  Love that place!

Post # 7
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Greece with maybe a side trip to Turkey.  I don’t scuba dive but I believe you can go, and it is a foodie’s paradise.  I see you’re from Ontario, so you can get flights from Toronto for around 1k, then you still will have 4k left to play with.   

Post # 8
93 posts
Worker bee

Yea you can go to alot of places with that budget to be honest. For sure all of the Caribbean in an option. Mexico as well. You could look at going to Greece and the different islands such as Crete, Santorini etc. If planned well you could do a mini-Euro tour. I would highly recommend Spain i.e. Barcelona, Croatia, and the Greek Islands. If not all three, you definitely should be able to do the last two within budget. 

Post # 9
2302 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

trinidad and tobago – westjet flies from toronto! or bermuda, bahamas, etc. lots of great options!

Post # 10
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We did 10 days at Couples San souchi Jamaica in an penthouse room for around that much. Its not as exotic as some other suggestions but they do scuba trips every day that are included (its all enclusive) and the food was amazing, they have a great fancy restaurant which reminded us of cooking shows and then wicked food at the other restaurants too. So it would have what you both want 🙂 I remember talking to people who go every year just for the scuba! They even do certifications there for way cheaper than it would cost here.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors