(Closed) Where to honeymoon?? 3000$ budget

posted 5 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My husband and I were on a tight budget for our honeymoon , too! We ended up going to Grand Bahama and staying at The Grand Lucayan Resort in Freeport. It was amazing! We got both flights and 9 nights for $2300 in an ocean view room. It isnt all inclusive, though so add another $600 on for eating and other stuff. Its right across the street from the Freeport Market place so there was always something to do. I loved it! We booked with expedia.com because they were offering the cheapest rates and flights.

Post # 4
2359 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Well, what kind of a honeymoon do you want???  laid back, active, warm, cold…. do you want to go to Europe or South America??

Post # 6
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@mrsalexander:  My wedding was June 30 and we left the very next day. You can go online now and price check it it see how much it would be at that time!

They have a TON to do there, too. We went parasailing, snorkling and fishing. We also rented a little moped for the day and went to the International Bazar and Gold Rock Beach where they filmed scenes from Pirates of The Carribean. We took a jeep and went through the “jungle” and it was amazing. They have a band play in the Count Basie Square every night so there is always dancing and drinking.

I seriously loved this place. My husband and I are trying to go back for our one year because it was so much fun.

Post # 7
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

cruise!

Post # 8
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

That is our budget for a honeymoon as well. Our #1 pick right now is an all-inclusive trip to the Dominican Republic. There are some great deals to be found at really nice resorts.

Post # 9
2359 posts
Buzzing bee

Cuba…. super cheap, amazing beaches, and the history and amazing!  you can both go for less then 2K

Post # 10
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Cuba is really cheap, and we absolutely loved it when we went. We went to Varadero and the beaches were amazing!!! Another plus about Veradero is how close you are to Havana, which is a great day trip to go on. Such an interesting history. Also so safe to walk around at night and in the day time. 

Post # 11
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

we’re going to a sandals resort in st lucia!

im so excited!

Post # 12
2359 posts
Buzzing bee

@WannaBeeMrsB:  yep!   Of all the places i’ve been i’ve felt the safest in Cuba.   You still have to use your common sense, but the people in Cuba are really amazing.  

and also, the catamaran cruise…. is the BEST i’ve ever been on…. such a great time!!

Post # 13
1860 posts
Buzzing bee

Commenting to keep track of this thread. Great ideas so far!

Post # 14
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m subscribing to this! Tongue Out

Post # 15
951 posts
Busy bee

@mrsalexander:  If you’re doing Mexico or Cuba for the love of brownies please do a 5 star resort. There’s a big difference between 5 star there and 5 star here in North America, just like there is a massive jump in quality between 4 star and 5 star resorts in Mexico and Cuba.

I’ve been to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta (Riu Palace at both) and really enjoyed those. My friend went to Huatulco for her honeymoon (Secrets or Sandals I think..) and they had a great time. Cuba also has super good deals. Dominican and Jamaica or both nice, but when it comes down to it all inclusive beach vacations are all ridiculously similar.

My advice is to pick the cheapest 5 star you can find that looks like it has a nice choice of restaurants and a nice beach, and save the rest of the money for excursions! 

Post # 16
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

My fiance and I went to the Riviera Maya in December last year, we stayed at a 5 star resort and paid $900 each, taxes included, for all inclusive. We absolutely loved it, and there was plenty of stuff to do off the resort if you aren’t a beach all day every day kind of couple.

A $3000 budget is plenty in my opinion… you can go many places all inclusive in the Caribbean for that amount. Since it’s going to be summer when you get married though, maybe you should try to do a European trip? 🙂

The topic ‘Where to honeymoon?? 3000$ budget’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors