Post # 1
DH and I were planning to go to Hawaii, and then Las Vegas and Hawaii but have now decided to spend our whole holiday is Las Vegas!!!
We want to stay somewhere really nice that has an AMAZING pool and a really great Las Vegas vibe! DH is also really sensitive to cigerette smoke so somewhere that is no smoking as well preferrably?
Can anyone make some suggestions? I love the look of the Mandarin Oriental but the pool looks a little boring.
Post # 3
I was juat there and stayed at Ballys. I honestly didn’t even see the pool. We chose it because it was mid-strip and that way we could walk everywhere. Next time we’re thinking about staying at the Paris. It’s also mid-strip, but the casino seemed the least smokey. ALL the casinos have HEAVY smoking in them though!
On another note, if you’re there during the week, the rooms at the Hooters hotel are only $15/night!
Post # 4
Check out The Venetian, girl! Big rooms, fun hotel, on the strip, and great deals!! By far one of my favorites 🙂
Post # 5
@dannielle89: My top suggestions (all have fabulous pools and are located on the strip, btw):
- Bellagio (I like the pools and decor, yes…but I LOVE the buffets; though it’s not quite as party-central as the other 3)
- Wynn (just an amazing hotel to stay in all-around but I find it’s better for more private night-partying, as the pool can get crowded during the day)
- Venetian (one of the nicer hotels in general, but can be hit-or-miss–esp. in noise arena and crowded pool during peak hours)
- Mandalay Bay (beautiful pool w/awesome day-partying; I highly recommend getting a cabana, as it gets crowded)
- Pallazzo (right next to some of Vegas’ best shopping on the Strip but it was too “family-friendly” for my taste)
- Hard Rock (amazing pools; known for it’s parties but it’s not on the Strip and it can be super scuzzy <– I find it best to stay somewhere else but still enjoy the dining & ~festivities~ there)
Post # 6
I stayed at the MGM Grand last time in Vegas and they have great pools and it’s so big, you can definitely not sense the smoke.
A must go is the Wet Republic Pool which is free to hotel guests.
If you are sensitive to smoke, do NOT go in Harrahs! There was a huge difference in the ventilation there (although I still had fun and won $$)
Post # 7
I stayed at the Bellagio and it was OUTSTANDING! Right in the heart of be strip, full of bars, shopping, casinos, restaurants, shows, you name it. The rooms are so nice and the view is amazing! Highly recommend it. 🙂
Post # 8
I stayed at the MGM, and had a great time. The pools were amazing! You always had the option of relaxing b the pool, or pool party.
Post # 9
My FI and his friends stayed at Caesar’s Palace and loved it. The pools are pretty awesome there too. And the hotel has amazing shops!!!!
Post # 10
@itsmle: Exactly my experience lol. We chose Ballys for its mid-strip location but I couldn’t tell you what the pool looked like.
If you can, just pick the Bellagio. You can’t go wrong!
Post # 11
I stayed at Vdara, which was smoke free. It’s not RIGHT on the strip, a little set back, but we found it convenient. The hotels on the strip basically connect to each other anyways. By the end of my five days there, my eyes were so red and itchy from all the smoke exposure (walking through all the other hotels), and I’m not even that sensitive to cigarettes!
Post # 12
Best pools (IMO):
– Hard Rock (off the strip but worth it!)
– Cosmopolitan (8th story with a view of the strip) – this is my absolute favourite place to stay in Vegas!
– Caesars (but the rooms aren’t nice)
My favourite hotels in Vegas are Cosmo and Hard Rock. For something more relaxed and upscale I like the Venetian. I find the Bellagio too boring and the MGM feels a little ghetto to me. I like Planet Hollywood for somewhere decent and cheap to stay but their pool sucks!
Post # 13
The Monte Carlo! A couple of friends and I had a girls weekend in Vegas and loved that hotel. It has a great pool that was always crowded but not so packed that we coulnd’t get nice spots on the lawn chairs surrounding the pool area. The buffet was also really good. They also have a theater, a food court and a few shops. The rooms were really nice too and it was a good value. Post again to let us know where you decide to stay!
Post # 14
We’ve been three times and by far the Wynn is our favorite hotel. I highly recommend it!
Post # 15
I stay at the MGM every year for a convention. I love it there.
Post # 16
I stayed at the bellagio and it was beautiful. a little too cool for the pool.
if it was warmer, i would have love to stay at mandalay bay, their pool area was awesome.