(Closed) Where was your honeymoon & how long was the stay?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

@GeorgiaTeacup:  We went to the Cayman Islands for 7 nights.  It was amazing!  Here are a few pics:

Post # 4
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We had our min-moon in Laguna Beach.  15min away from our Dana Point ceremony site.  Due to funding(we pushed up our date 3 months), we decided to stay local and then plan mini trips throughout the remainder of the year. 

My DH isn’t much of a intl traveller so I’m warming him up to a big trip overseas for our 2nd anniversary.

Post # 6
5548 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

We’re going to Italy for 14 days 😀

Post # 7
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We went to Punta Cana in the Dominican Rupublic for 9 nights. It was fabulous!!! The best thing about it is its sort of up and coming and pretty afordable. The all inclusive was a great feature also. I added some photos below…it was so pretty

Post # 8
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Post # 9
1559 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Our honeymoon lasted 7 days if you don’t count the 2 days we were on a plane- technically 9 days total. 

Quick run down of our Honeymoon: 

Left Saturday (Friday wedding) for Orlando. 

Spent Sunday @ a Disney park (stayed in a non-Disney hotel Sat/Sun night)

Left Monday on a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas (Tuesday was spent on Royal Carribean’s private island, CocoCay, and Wednesday we were in Nassau… personally, not a fan of Nassau.) 

Got back to Port Canaveral early Friday morning- after getting through customs, we headed back to Disney, where we stayed on Disney property for 2 night. 

We spent the rest of Friday and Saturday hitting 2 more Disney parks, as well as Downtown Disney. 

Then Sunday we flew home again. 

Post # 10
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We went to French Polynesia, 3 nights in Moore’a, 4 nights in Bora Bora. 

Post # 11
6824 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

We went to Seattle WA for 5 nights. 

Post # 12
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

We went to New Zealand’s South Island for 10 days. We started in Queenstown and explored Milford Sound and Te Anu, then went to Mt. Cook and Lake Tekapo (Southern Hemisphere’s clearest night sky) then onto Fox and Franz Josef Glacier… we actually climbed Fox Glacier which was an amazing once-in-a-lifetime experience, then onto Hokitikka through Arthur’s Pass to Christchurch. 

We got “stuck” in Fox Glacier for a day longer than we expected as our ice climbing tour was cancelled due to bad weather (they easily rescheduled for the next day). It was honestly a very nice small town and we stayed at the best little motel.

Though our favourite place by far was Queenstown for its shear beauty. Even though its quite crowded with tourists, you will never see a lake with water as pure as this! It’s 96% pure glacial water so if you go a little out of town you can drink directly from the lake.

If you enjoy adventure and nature/natural beauty and also don’t mind driving from town to town, New Zealand is like heaven!

Below is Fox Glacier just before we head into the restricted zone only for those climbing the glacier…

My hubby and I ice climbing!

Most beautiful place on Earth: Queenstown (yes, the water is seriously that blue!).

And if you or hubby is a Lord of the Rings fan like us then there’s plenty of LOTR things to do, we went on a horse ride at my insistence.

The topic ‘Where was your honeymoon & how long was the stay?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors