Post # 1
Flashpoint Productions: http://www.flashpointpro.com/index.php
- could get a photobooth also
- we met them at a bridal show and really liked the person we spoke to
- mixed reviews on weddingwire
- 40 different djs so no guarantee that we’d get the person we spoke to
- music request system seems clunky
Maximum DJ: http://www.maximumdj.com/
- amazingly good reviews on weddingwire
- easy music request sound system
- almost twice as expensive
- not local, so we’d probably have to pay even extra
Which would you pick? Also, will djs usually let you request songs that they don’t already have? Could I just give them my ipod with some songs?
ETA: When I say that the reviews are mixed, it seems to be either 5 stars (max) or 1 star (min). It averages out to about 3.5. It seems like it might be a bit of a crapshoot based on which DJ you get.
Thanks for the advice!
Post # 3
I say Maximum DJ, but that’s because I take reviews seriously. Although, if you don’t have the budget for them, you might have to go with a plan B. If you can create a playlist yourself, you could always do an iPod wedding where you DJ using your iPod and some speakers.
Post # 4
My Fiance is very against the idea of doing an iPod wedding. He thinks that we will need somebody who knows what they’re doing to get people up and dancing.
We could afford Maximum DJ, but it would mean no photobooth.
Post # 5
As much as is sucks having to pay more for a DJ, I’d go with the expensive one because that way you KNOW you will be getting good service where as the other place sounds a bit iffy.
Post # 6
Thanks. I think you’re probably right, but this is going to be a hard one to sell to my Fiance…
Post # 7
Maximum Dj sounds like the better choice, based on that criteria alone. Schedule an interview with each company and see who you click better with.