(Closed) Which dress?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress??
    Lacy Classic Dress : (20 votes)
    28 %
    Satin A-Line Gown : (10 votes)
    14 %
    Neither--a better one is still out there! : (41 votes)
    58 %
  • Post # 3
    9560 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2018

Tough call, both are gorgeous, but I picked the second one 🙂

Post # 4
    4525 posts
    Honey bee

Second one! Though you really couldn’t go wrong with either. 

Post # 5
    436 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

They look very similar to me. My vote is for the first one, I’m not liking the sleeves on the second.

Post # 6
    319 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

Both of those are great, but the way you talk about them, you don’t seem to be in love with either! That’s why I opted for keep looking 🙂 

Post # 7
    895 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I like the 1st one better because I’m not crazy about the sleeves on the 2nd. They are both pretty but I would say keep looking!

Post # 8
    7908 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

I like 1, but 2, in my opinion, looks quite dated and doesn’t really flatter you anyway.

ETA: the fit problem in number 1 is addressed by ordering the dress in the proper size and having it altered appropriately. And, I agree, 2 makes you look young… in not the good way.

Post # 9
    523 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

i vote for the second one its very classy and gorgeous on you

Post # 10
    202 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I agree with you on the weird fit of number 1.  (Maybe it’s a size thing?  I don’t know.)  And number 2 is nice, but if you’re not in love, go ahead and shop around for a little while longer.  You’ve got months until it is imperative that you order your dress.

Post # 11
    1123 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I would try some different stores, and if you keep thinking about one of these come back! If anything, its fun to look into different designers and stores. I allllmost bought a dress at Davids Bridal – twice! I had gone three seperate times and found two completely different dresses. Then I decided I should try at least one non-davids bridal store. and I’m so glad I did- it was fun to have another exprience and I found a third dress that I loved even more and became my dress! (and its comparable in price to DB too!)

Post # 12
    2782 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

#1 is most likely a size issue, so having a seamstress work on it would probably make a huge difference. I would actually talk to one before buying the dress though, just to be sure. I’m not a fan of the second one at all.

Post # 13
    2609 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I think you can do better than these two…

I’m not loving where the peaks of the first dress are hitting you, I would say it’s a size thing, but I can see your back in the mirror and it seems to fit pretty well, so I just think the proportions are off.  

The second one covers too much of your chest, the straps are in a weird place, and as a PP suggested, I find the chiffon break-away front to be kind of dated looking.

Have you thought about sweetheart with a gentler curve at the top like this:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Tiered-Organza-A-Line-with-Beaded-Floral-Bodice-WG3196_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Silhouette-A-Line

or this

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Gossamer-Gown-with-Drop-Waist-and-Floral-Appliques-PK3285_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Silhouette-A-Line

I feel like the drooped waist in that second one would really emphasize your small waist, and  still give you the butt coverage you`re looking for.

*Note:  I didnt spend a lot of time surfing, so there may still be better dresses at Davids for you, but I just wanted to illustrate the style I was referring to.

Post # 14
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@MissNoodles:  totally agree, a sweetheart neckline, no straps, drop waist. 

Post # 15
    2335 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I don’t love either of them, but I agree that #2 is a younger girl’s dress.  I wouldn’t have thought prom right away, but it’s the only thing I could think of after you mentioned it.

The topic ‘Which dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors