(Closed) Which Dress??

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2840 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

If I’m completely honest, none of these shout (to me), “that’s the one for her”. 🙁 

Post # 5
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I always judge a dress by the venue. Is this a church wedding, beach wedding, garden wedding, etc? Context may help win the tie! 🙂

Post # 6
2840 posts
Sugar bee

@Jw1724:  Have you tried other silhouettes?

Post # 8
1025 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I tried on the top 2 at DB and I just don’t think they are that great

3 has a nice shape and is flattering! You could add a belt

Post # 10
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I would go with something more flowy and romantic so that if the wind picks up, you have a little movement to the skirt. I’ll scour the net for example pictures. 

Post # 11
2343 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

i love number 1 on u! its so romantic!!! and ur shape looks gorgeous in it! i dont like the belt though.

Post # 12
2840 posts
Sugar bee

@Jw1724:  Oh, I like those better!  But you only seem happy in the first picture.  Since your first 3 original photos were all mermaid/fit n flare, I was going to suggest something more fitted a-line, such as the the first picture of the others you shared.  However, I LOVE the way the ballgown looks on you.  I tried that one on and it did not flatter me the way it flatters you.   But really, in the end, you need to choose a dress that makes you feel just absolutely stunning. 

If I had a second chance to dress shop, I would try on more dresses (only went to two shops) in a wider variety of designers.  I also would be more willing to try on dresses that didn’t appear to be “me” on the hanger.  It’s always different when you try it on.

Post # 13
2497 posts
Buzzing bee

@Jw1724:  I like dresses 5 and 6! What’s the fifth one called? I recognize the sixth one as the VW White fern dress.

Post # 14
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

POLL POLL POLL!!!! Laughing

#1!!!   I love the romantic feeling of the organza at the bottom of the lace dress.  I would choose a different belt though… something maybe with a little floral or bling touch to it.  My next favorite is #2 in your second post. 

Post # 15
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Of your first post, I like the second one.  But I really adore the first picture on the second set! Laughing

Post # 16
8697 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m not wowed and you are a great size. Have you tried on any Mori Lee dresses? I think those may be a bit more “wow” and similar prices to DB.

The topic ‘Which Dress??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors