#1 : (21 votes)
    14 %
    #2 : (131 votes)
    86 %
  • Post # 3
    327 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2014 - The Celebration Farm

I would definitely be nervous about the quality of dress #1 when you actually got in. I’ve been considering ordering a dress online too but that part scares me. I think your wedding day is the one occasion where it’s ok to be a little overdressed. I think it’s still whimsical enough for a wedding in a butterfly garden. I love the corset backs, too. They just make me feel secure. 

Post # 4
    Hostess
    2920 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

#2 because #1 is just not my style at all!

Post # 5
    8518 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

@Gabthebee:  I wouldnt order from that seller. Over 200 sales and less than 30 reviews (not all of which are good) is a bad sign.

Have you thought about ordering from Lightinthebox? They have tons of reviews (almost all are good) and even a lot of photo reviews, so often times you can see the actual dress and not just a designer picture.

Post # 6
    602 posts
    Busy bee

I absolutely love the first dress, but if you are concerend about the quality… :I

Post # 8
    602 posts
    Busy bee

@Gabthebee:  That’s a good idea! You might have to pay a small fee for that, but it would probably not be too much.

I am a bit biased though, because I get so tired of wedding dresses all looking the same to me, whenever I see a bride considering something that is unusual, as long as it’s actually a pretty dress, I’ll almost always hope they choose it.

Post # 9
    152 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Personally, I love number two, but 1 is very pretty

Post # 11
    602 posts
    Busy bee

@Gabthebee:  When you watch wedding shows, you tend to get tired of seeing the same 10 dresses over and over again… I’m making my own dress, and it’s not going to be white… or even look all that typically bridal, but dammed if I’m not going to look incredible.

Post # 12
    317 posts
    Helper bee

i would definitely do number 2. i think 1 is a too intricate and unusual to be sure that you’ll like it from an online picture.

Post # 13
    6 posts
    Newbee

Dress #1 doesn’t really seem weddingish. However if this suits the style of your big day, then it would be perfect. But if you are looking to feel like a bride, and you’re having a fairly ‘typical’ wedding such as a ceremony, reception, photo, cake, etc….then most definitely the 2nd one.

I am not honestly a fan of the first one at all – but its your taste and your preference which is most important. But trying to remain on the fence here, and its evident looking at the pictures that the second one has wedding written all over it. Furthermore, I think the 1st wedding dress you could almost get away with wearing this to the races, or a formal dinner because it seems quite casual.

Good luck!

Post # 14
    873 posts
    Busy bee

Have you considered a replica from DressilyMe? They made my dress and i was so very happy with it! It was a full lace dress with a satin underlay for under $300 shipping included

Post # 15
    135 posts
    Blushing bee

Dress 2! But keep the train, its incredible! 

Post # 16
    3394 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

#1 is so dreamy, and would be perfect for a butterfly house/flower garden wedding. It looks like something out of a Midsummer’s Night’s Dream. But, I agree that you need a very good seamstress to be able to replicate it. You could ask Jasmine’s Bridal Shop whether they can do something similar? I would definitely go with one of the more reputable/expensive replica dress companies rather than the cheaper ones. 

The second dress is quite pretty too, and I’m sure it will be nice even without a train. Also consider they’re two completely different silhouettes so it depends on your body shape too, in terms of which would be more flattering. For the first dress, I would imagine you need more of a slim, flapper-ish figure to carry it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors