Which dress?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress do you like better?
    The dress in the first picture. : (10 votes)
    19 %
    The second one. : (43 votes)
    81 %
  • Post # 2
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I love the top of the first one but like the bottom of the second one. With that, I chose first one. 

Post # 4
    145 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I like them both but the 2nd one is very elegant with the lace so I like that 🙂

Post # 5
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I love the top of the first one, but am not a fan of the fabric and pickups in the bottom. The second dress is pretty and I like the detail on the skirt. I vote for the 2nd dress 🙂

Post # 7
    588 posts
    Busy bee

PositiveThinking:  Have you tried on either in a store? I find wedding dresses impossible to pick from pictures on people who aren’t going to be the wearer.

Post # 10
    3250 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

PositiveThinking:  I voted for dress #2 because I don’t like pick-ups (personal thing on my part, if you like pick-ups then go for it). If you are having the dress made and want the sparkle of dress one, you could request a skirt without pick-ups.

If you have an opportunity to try either dress on, that can make all the difference! 🙂

Post # 11
    Hostess
    15072 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I love the top on the first but I don’t like the pickups, but it would look fabulous with a simple satiny poofy skirt. The bottom one, for me, says garden wedding. 

Post # 12
    2368 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

You mentioned that you’re curvy, so something to keep in mind – the second dress is ruched across the bodice, which can help accentuate those curves! Ruching can visually pull the waist in, so it’s very flattering and shows everything off, in a good way. The first dress appears to be slightly more drop waisted, which looks great on taller women, but can be more challenging to wear if you’re more petite. I would try on a drop waist dress, and then one with a natural waist and see which one works better for your proportions. 

Post # 14
    8 posts
    Newbee

i really like the top of the first one but not the bottom i would prefer the bottom of the second dress

Post # 15
    3713 posts
    Sugar bee

I like the top of #1 and the flower thingies on the skirt of #2. Other than that, sorry, but I don’t like poofy skirts or lace. My gown was a-line (back in the age of dinosaurs – lol!)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors