Which dress?

posted 2 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Ines Di Santo or Francis Libiran gown?
    Francis Libirian : (16 votes)
    26 %
    Ines Di Santo : (46 votes)
    74 %
  • Post # 2
    8720 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I don’t care for either, sorry. The first one looks like a combo of skirt, shape wear, and then body jewelry all over the top and the second looks like a lot of dress. It might be easier if I saw it on you but just seeing pics on the models makes them both a big no for me.

Post # 3
    8720 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I didn’t see that you would change the skirt on the second so my vote goes for that one!

Post # 4
    1749 posts
    Bumble bee

I like the Francis Libiran gown. I voted for that one.

Post # 5
    124 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2017

The first one looks like it would go well with a South Asian wedding… I think it would look out of place in traditional American wedding.  However, if you are going with a specific look for a cultural event, it is truly a beautiful dress in its own right.

I dislike the second one for any event…… to me, it looks dated and unflattering, even on the model.

Post # 6
    120 posts
    Blushing bee

Jeweled one! Gorgeous. 

Post # 7
    647 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

God I love Ines di Santo….

Post # 8
    716 posts
    Busy bee

I also had a “which dress” thread recently.  I think you really need to try them on and consider them on your body. 

In model and magazine pictures, I liked one silhouette and on me I liked a completely different silhouette that I would never have picked had a consultant not physically put me in the dress.

Post # 9
    913 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014 - 11/15/14-Vineyard

I have to say neither. Both are very different and I highly suggest trying them on first.

Without seeing your body type it would be hard to suggest either, too.  I honestly find both very “exhibitionist/showy” and not bridal at all. Sorry I know that’s not very positive. To each their own though. 

Post # 10
    299 posts
    Helper bee

I can’t believe people are saying they dont like either. That seems so rude. Try them on chick you may feel so much more differently,  I love how different these dresses are and I say go you for being unusual.  If you love the style go for it. Its your day and your dress xxx

Post # 12
    732 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014 - Church and University

I. LOVE. BOTH.

Those are seriously amazing.

Post # 13
    461 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I personally do not like the first one at all. It looks like a Las Vegas showgirl costume to me. I think the second one is beautiful. Just my opinion, though!

Post # 14
    155 posts
    Blushing bee

The first one is gorgeous and decadent if that can be used to describe a dress! What’s your venue and theme like?

Post # 15
    Hostess
    11469 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Hmm I am torn.

I love the overall design and elegant neckline of the first but there is something about the nude lining that is throwing me. I think if the lining was ivory to match the skirt it would be absolutely stunning and darn near perfection.

The second dress is just bizarre in the boob area. If you had larger breasts I think I would fear big time exposure all night long. A lovely idea and design but I’m not sure it is practical for anyone larger than the model so it would depend greatly on your body type.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors