The Top One : (8 votes)
    16 %
    The Bottom One : (42 votes)
    84 %
  • Post # 2
    1300 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2015 - Chapel on Base

I personally LOVE the first one.  It looks stunning on you.  I am not the ballgown lover but I prefer the top skirt over the tulle/tutu looking skirt.

Which makes you feel prettiest? 

Post # 3
    884 posts
    Busy bee

I think based on what you have said, and that you still have time, keep looking.

i personally hate pickups so don’t care for gown #1 but you also mentioned it was going to be too hot. 

#2 is pretty but your Fiancé does t like it and you sound so so on it. definatly don’t settle on dress #2 because you have 10 months to pine and regret and I would hate to see you end up disliking it just like fiancé. 

If it’s absolutely between the 2 pick the one your heart tells you Too (which sounds like #1) but again, maybe you should do a little bit more shopping to be sure since you do have some time. 

if budget is an issue shop pre owned and try on similar styles in store….

Post # 4
    3342 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2000

The first dress is dated IMHO as well as being hot. The 2nd dress is prettier.

I don’t see how you are going to get a dress from CA to MA without wrinkles. I think you will just have to make a plan to get the dress steamed when you arrive in MA.

Post # 5
    226 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Ooh I much prefer the top one but it sounds like you prefer the bottom one. I know I wouldn’t like to wear a wedding dress that my FI didn’t like so maybe keep looking until you find one you both like.

Post # 6
    812 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

crazeecatlady:  I like the top one better. Ipswich is usually pretty breezy so I think you’ll be fine.

Post # 7
    2751 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

The top one is definitely dated. A full tulle skirt is much more current.  I don’t like the top one in any way. The bottom one looks better in general,  looks better on you, is much much more of a ‘today’s’ look. One thing to strongly consider when wearing a ball gown is to wear a hoop skirt underneath.  It makes it so the material doesn’t vouch your legs, therefore allowing the bride to be a lot more comfortable,  temperature wise.

Second dress …. hands down! 

Post # 8
    1236 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014 - San Francisco, CA

I think they’re both nice, but the top one is a bit dated and slightly less flattering on your figure. But you look pretty in both.

Post # 9
    1099 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2016

IMO, I’d keep looking. I don’t think either one do a whole lot for you. But I’m not the one wearing it so if you love one of them, go with it!

Post # 10
    1302 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

bottom. i think the top one has weird layers. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors