• poll: Which dress
    #1. Lazaro : (76 votes)
    48 %
    #2. Galia Lahav : (84 votes)
    53 %
  • Post # 2
    2657 posts
    Sugar bee

I think the Galia with a higher back would look amazing on you.  The Lazaro is gorgeous too but I wouldn’t buy it if you’re not a fan of the style of skirt, especially since it’s such a focal point of the dress.  

Post # 3
    725 posts
    Busy bee

I voted for the Galia, it’s gorgeous. I absolutely love the Lazaro but you said you’re indifferent about the skirt so I don’t know if you should go for that one. 

Post # 4
    647 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

I agree with your friend about the fish gills lol I think the second dress is absolutely stunning on you and if I had the body that’s exactly what I would have picked for myself. I think your idea about raising the back is perfect. #2 is my choice!

Post # 5
    884 posts
    Busy bee

I think both dresses are stunning, but you are indicating you are indifferent about the Lazaro so do not buy it. I would hate you to be on here in 3 months with dress regret. <br /><br />The Galia is beautiful! I say go for it! If you choose not to go for the Galia, than keep shopping!

Post # 6
    7218 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2015

Galia! 

Post # 7
    136 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

Both look incredible on you, however, I too was debating whether to go with a bottom like lazarros but i quickly started to ask people and they would say the same thing about it looking weird. It kinda looks messy. and i feel like you have to be completely in love with it and not question anything as big as the skirt considering its a big part of the dress. I say the other one. 

Post # 8
    327 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2014 - The Celebration Farm

I don’t care for the bottom of the Lazaro. If you raise the back just a bit on the Galia, I think it’ll be an elegant, beautiful dress. The Lazarao makes your waist look teeny tiny but I think the Galia would also if it were fitted properly (as your waist looks teeny tiny anyway). You absolutely have the body for the Galia so I’d say go for it!

Post # 9
    31 posts
    Newbee

I definitely agree that if you’re unsure about something as major as the skirt, it’s probably not your dress. however, I’m not a huge fan of the straps and cups on this galia. I’ve tried on a few of the galia lahavs.. And the cups look… droopy on this dress. I know they’re custom made, but I think the straps/neckline looks really off in comparison to how flattering the lazaro neckline is. did you try on any other galias? 

If you’re looking for “sexy” dresses with an open back feel, consider trying on some inbal dror at mark Ingram. 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  ambient.
    Post # 10
    2114 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I like the Galia better than the Lazaro (not a fan of the weird ruffles on the bottom) but I can’t get past that weird gathering/lace pattern right in the middle of the butt. It looks puckered, lol.

Post # 11
    2763 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

The Lazaro is just a beautiful dress…front, back, top, & bottom. I’m not a fan of the front of the Galia Lahav dress. The bodice isn’t special enough & the cups are awkward. The only part I like is the extremely low & open back. I love that part. I voted for the Lazaro. 

Post # 12
    8720 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I like the Galia but I really dislike the chest part on you. Would it be different in your size? I cant tell if there are cup type things there and they are bigger than what cups you would wear or if theyre just separating your chest in a weird way. Btw are you at Jaehee? I bought my dress there.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors