Post # 1
We are having a destination parisian themed wedding at The Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. Small guest list and I do not mind spending more money than normal on a favor. Which would you prefer?
I was thinking:
1. macaroons (keeping most with parisian, pastel theme)
2. souvenier from the Paris hotel we are staying in (could be either “parisian” or “vegas”-literally hit up gift shop while we are there) key chains, lv magnets etc… not as fancy but I know everywhere I go, I get a souvenier so maybe guests would appreciate.
3. Gambling chip (more “vegas” than parisian but probably $5 for adults and something different for kids like bookmarks or something?)
4. Nice eiffel tower bottle openers or wine stoppers (although this may be a no-go because I pretty sure 2 guests are former alcohalics) I could give them something different but would be noticeably different.
Thanks for any input:)
Post # 3
Macaroons for sure- I always love a little something extra to snack on.
Post # 4
Edible is always a good choice! Most people are less than thrilled to get trinkets so I’d stay away from those
Post # 5
those ideas are cute! I especially like the macaroons and poker chip, but voted on macaroons because I’ve learned with favors that food is usually the way to go! Also the chips may not be used and that would be $ wasted in case someone doesn’t gamble, want to play, etc.
Post # 7
I chose the bottle openers, but only because I don’t like macaroons. If the food option were something else, I’d definitely have chosen the tasty treat!
Post # 8
Macarons! So quintessentially french and delicious. I’m not a big fan of knickknacks and cheesy souvenirs so I probably wouldn’t use keychains or anything.
Post # 9
I love the chips, but I agree – not everyone may be willing to hit the casino.
I don’t like the souvenirs. These would be sitting around unused here (I actually have like five of these Eiffel Tower key chains from Paris because I thought they were a nice souvenir to bring friends and family back home but then I only ended up giving one to my Mother-In-Law and the rest is … Somewhere).
bottle opener could be awkward if two out of a small guest list are alcoholics.
So yeah, id go for the maccarons! I like them, so I’d find that nice.
Post # 10
- Wedding: December 2014 - 13th ~ TN
@lollygagon: +1. Must people do not need something else that just sits around and collects dust.
Post # 11
Thanks everyone! Great input.
Post # 12
@soinlove79: Definitely macaroons!
Post # 13
LOVE the macaroons idea! PERFECT I would ef stay clear from #4 I think getting them different favors all together would stick out like a sore thumb and maybe make them feel uncomfortable
Here’s another idea since it’s destination plus in VEGAS – deck of cards.
Other ideas as well:
Macaroon Curio Box
Bucket and add chocolate poker chips?
Coaster Coaster 2
Post # 14
Macaroons! I’ve never had them and have wanted to try them for forever.
Post # 15
I voted macaroons because those will be the favors at MY wedding! So happy to see other people would want them too 🙂
Post # 16
@soinlove79: macaroons! Everyone loves food as a favour!