Post # 1
So I’m thinking about getting a right hand ring (nore than just the stacked stering silver bands I wear now) and I have 2 I really like that I can’t decide between. I need opinions!
Option 1: London Blue Topaz ring in white gold ($350 + $35 to re-size)
- Normally sold for $1000 at Macy’s but will be on sale so I can get a more ring for my money.
- The blue looks so vibrant and beautiful (and I can confirm this in person before buying)
- All of my other jewelery is white gold (or some silver color)
- I am not one to wear bold colored jewelery daily so this would be a piece that could only be worn on occasion.
Option 2: Morganite ring in rose gold ($330)
- I could wear this ring with almost any outfit (which is a big plus for me)
- Cheaper (slightly)
- Love the look of rose gold and it would be nice to have a rose gold piece.
- Seller is new to ETSY and currently has no feedback (bio says he’s been a pro jeweler for 10 years but obviously he can type whatever he wants there and it might not be true).
- Can’t see the ring in person before buying.
So what do you think Bees? Which do you prefer? Which do you think I should get?
Post # 3
Love the london blue topaz! I always lean towards cooler colors though
Post # 4
I prefer the second, as I think it’s more classic and understated; but if most of your jewellery is white gold or silver, I think the first option might be the better one. I personally like my jewellery to coordinate (though, I will wear my ering (white gold) with a yellow gold ring and bangle; I have to wear the bangle though, as otherwise I feel it clashes)
Post # 5
@barbie86: I think that is why I am drawn to the Morganite ring. It is very classic and understated which is the same as most of my other jewelery.
But the blue topaz is just beautiful and fun! I’m so torn …
Post # 6
that’s a tough one! they’re both so lovely. i went for the blue topaz because OMG that color is to die for!!! plus i’d be a little leery about forking that much money over to an etsy seller with no feedback, although if you did it with paypal it would probably be ok because it’s not custom work.
i dunno. tough one.
Post # 6
Get both?.. 😉
(I shouldn’t be allowed on threads like this lol)
Post # 7
@cardus: Yeah – It definitely makes me wary but then again, even the sellers with amazing rating had to have those first few people who bought from them when they were just getting started.
@barbie86: If I can find a way to swing it – I totally would. Don’t tempt me! 😉
Post # 8
I am extremely partial to the London Blue Topaz as I JUST bought that ring as well. The color is so incredibly gorgeous.
I love morganite but with my tan complexion the beautiful light pink color was faded/washed out against my skin. 🙁
Post # 9
The topaz is eye grabbing for sure, but for some reason I’m really leaning towards the morganite! I have a thing for rose gold right now!
Post # 10
i LOVE the rose gold ring!!! It’s beautiful!
Post # 11
wow! the poll is split right down the middle
Post # 12
I love the rose gold one so much!
Post # 13
I really love london blue topaz so that is the one that got my vote. It is lovely.
Post # 14
Bump – any more opinions? I appreciate the votes (obviously) but it is also helpful to hear people’s more specific thoughts on the rings or the pros/cons lists.
Post # 15
I would be nervous buying off Etsy without some prior feedback – and I have spent $500 at a time there, but only from sellers with lots of feedback.
You don’t want to wind up with a lemon.