Which ring? Could really use some female advice thanks!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Personally I like the first ring. As for the second- I do have a white sapphire(my ering is a blue) but I have heard that the white ones can look cloudy, I believe there are a few threads on the bee about them which you may want to check out. Good luck

Post # 4
842 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@davinci179:  I think it really depends on your girlfriend. The rings are both beautiful, but the first is definitely more traditional/universal, whereas the second ring has a very unique design that while beautiful, may not be appreciated by every woman. 

Post # 5
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@davinci179:  I think a big concern with the second one is that it may catch on a LOT of things. What does she do for work? Will this be an issue?

I think they are both gorgeous, but I would wear the first over the second – just a personal preference.

Post # 6
3557 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Personal bias warning: Part of my degree centered around plant biology, I love plants.

That being said, that second ring is awesome! I would pick that one of the two you posted in a heartbeat. I’m also a big fan of worked metal on a solitaire, and not a huge fan of small side stones. I think the vine pattern does an excellent job of highlighting the center stone.

Post # 7
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@davinci179:  

I’d go with the first one.

I’m just imagining the second one getting caught in my hair.

Also, look into moissanite. Many of us Bees have and love them. 🙂

Post # 8
295 posts
Helper bee

Ooh I love the second one! but it really depends on whether she would prefer a more traditional or unique look. Definitely look at moissanite as well, and double check the quality of the side stones on the first one (might just be how the picture of it’s taken but you should research the 4 C’s if you haven’t already)

Post # 9
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

The second one is beautiful, but if you are not planning on getting her input, I’d go with the safer choice of the first one ;).

Good luck!

Post # 10
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Ditto on looking into moissanite if you’re looking for a pretty clear stone.  White sapphires aren’t sparkly enough for me Tongue Out

The second ring is pretty, but it might be a little too pointy for comfort.  The first one would be a safer choice.

Are you giving your girlfriend any input on the setting before you purchase?  If she’s as picky as I am, it might be a good idea to bring her in on the decision-making.  If you want the proposal to be a surprise, you could buy the stone and let her choose the setting; that seems to have been getting more popular lately.

Post # 11
2132 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

The second one! The design is really lovely, especially the unique prongs

Post # 12
2880 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 1998

@davinci179:  do you have any idea of what she likes? 

To be honest I don’t really like either especially the second one sorry! 

Post # 14
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I LOVE the second one! 

Post # 15
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love them both, but might be leaning towards #1 just a bit more!

Post # 16
2441 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

If she doesn’t want anything that’s over the top then definitely go with the first one.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors