(Closed) WHITE by Vera Wang Fall 2013

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which (if any) dresses do you like?
    Dress 1 : (44 votes)
    21 %
    Dress 2 : (42 votes)
    20 %
    Dress 3 : (18 votes)
    8 %
    Dress 4 : (29 votes)
    14 %
    Dress 5 : (16 votes)
    7 %
    Column Bridesmaid Dress : (22 votes)
    10 %
    Peplum Bridesmaid Dress : (19 votes)
    9 %
    Dislike ALL of them : (24 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 3
    523 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I am loving dress 1 it is gorgeous!

Post # 4
    4755 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I really dislike all of them! But “elegant” isn’t really my style per se.

Post # 5
    10453 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

Ooh the column bridesmaid dress looks really pretty. I think I might actually show it to my mom for her.

Post # 6
    279 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I think the bridesmaid dresses are nice, especially the column one … but I’m not a big fan of the wedding gowns.

Post # 7
    2073 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I’m ambivalent about them but I do like them more than her high end line from this season though.  Nothing about the high end line said bridal what with all the random black on it. The colored gowns from the White line almost look like they could be prom dresses. 

Post # 9
    2685 posts
    Sugar bee

A few of them are ok, and I really like the bridesmaids’ dresses.  I’m actually looking for dresses in a style like the 5th dress, but that bow in the front is killing me.

Post # 10
    10367 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

I don’t like the exposed seams on the breast cups or the boning that sticks out and is super obvious. The silhouettes are nice, though.

Post # 11
    1649 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2000

Not a fan of the peplum ones but love the rest.  Can’t go wrong with VW

Post # 12
    11234 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

I agree that I like these much more than her couture line, but I don’t really love these. The first one is gorgeous, the fourth one is nice…but they look kind of cheap, imo. Maybe it’s because they’re on mannequins and not real people (so they aren’t fitted properly)/the pictures aren’t great quality.

Post # 13
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

Um…I dislike ALL of them. Some of them have potential, but I’d still be changing something about the dresses:

1. reduce the roundness of the sweetheart bust, widen the lower part of the asymmetrical strap so that it wraps around the entire bodice, toss the sash, add  a fuller petticoat
    2. NEVER wear that shawl and either rip off that weird Drizella/Anastasia overskirt or sew it closed
    3. NOPE to the entire dress, it looks like it’s in the still-in-progress, dress-fitting stage where the designer bastes/tacks the tulle on the muslin to get an idea of the finished product
    4. NEVER wear that shawl and though there’s nothing wrong with the dress, it’s just not really my taste
    5. it looks like a hot mess gown inspired by Anne Hathaway’s hot mess pink Prada (worn at the Oscars)
    6. I adore column gowns…but not this one (bad 90s ruching in awkward places, flutter sleeves and saggy neckline…nope)
    7. don’t care for peplums (esp. in this style)

Post # 14
    304 posts
    Helper bee

Dress #1 is gorgeous! I cannot wait to see the whole collection.

Post # 15
    2493 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Personally, I dislike all of them. Don’t get me wrong, they’re headed in the right direction, but I can find something to nit-pick about for each one. :S

Post # 16
    293 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

The only ones that I like is dress 2/4 and column bridesmaid….they aren’t really my style….I know my friend that got married last year wore a Vera Wang and her dress was beautiful – don’t look anything like these though.

The topic ‘WHITE by Vera Wang Fall 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors