White vs. Ivory Alfred Angelo Cinderella 205

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Personally- I think ALL wedding dresses look better in ivory.  It is just more universally flattering.

Post # 3
1362 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Turf Valley

mgbser:  Agree

Post # 4
653 posts
Busy bee

Depending on your skin tone- it’s extremely difficult to pull off “white”.  White tends to wash you out and doesn’t look as flattering as Ivory.  Plus, both colors will be seen as “white” to anybody looking at you and your dress.  Nobody is going to say “omg you wore ivory that’s not proper”.  They will say, “my what a beautiful dress!”.  Sorry I don’t have photos of the difference, I’m just speaking from the experience of wedding dress shopping.

Post # 5
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - country club in Michigan

Almost every dress consultant I spoke to told me the only girls who looked good in white were those with darker complexions (or as one bluntly put it, African heritage). White looked pretty awful on my pale german/irish skin. I hadn’t realized it walking in, but the consultant was right. The african american girl at the store who was trying on dresses at the same time as me ROCKED all the white dresses (I was jealous…), but the same dresses made me look like a pink pasty mess.

I think ivory is awesome 🙂 I went for champagne with an ivory lace overlay, so even more color. Plus as another commenter said, everyone will call ivory “white” anyways. It is white…just not as bright. 

Post # 6
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - country club in Michigan

oh, and as someone who also shopped at alfred angelo…I think their white dresses looked cheap, but the exact same dresses in ivory looked really nice. Not sure why, but I noticed this in 3-4 dresses they had me try on. 

Post # 7
2791 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

Haven’t seen this dress in person but like everyone said, ivory suits most skintones better. Bright white dresses looked cheap and seemed too cold/stark to me. You’ll never notice that an ivory dress is ivory unless you put it beside something stark white.

Post # 8
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Drury Lane Oakbrook

charline12993:  I tried the Cinderella 205 on in Diamond White, their version of Ivory.  It’s much less yellow than a true ivory but not as stark as White.  Compared to the true White, the glitter tulle in the skirt stood out more in the Diamond White.  In the White the glitter got kind of lost, especially in photos.  Hope that helps!

Post # 9
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I’m fair skinned but can get a light tan and I preferred the AA white.  Can u try a few more on to see what suits you? 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors