Post # 1
We often get threads posted on local boards looking for reviews or ideas on vendors in a certain area. As your West Coast Florida hostess, I created this thread to include vendor lists as a reference for local brides! This will be a great reference for future brides looking for vendors and reviews.
Please post which vendors you’re using for the following:
- BM Dress
- Hair Stylist
- Make-up Artist
To start this off right, here are my vendors!
Post # 4
I should have added another to this list – who are you using for transportation/limo service?
Post # 5
I had a destination wedding on Boca Grande and thought I’d share!
- Venue – Gasparilla Inn & Club (http://www.gasparillainn.com)
- Caterer – food by Gasparilla Inn
- Coordinator – coordinator from the Inn
- Photographer – Narrative Image (they are fabulous!!!) (http://www.narrativeimage.com/)
- DJ – Jay Goodley Entertainment
- Videographer – Hearts Video (we used Debbie who was super nice)
- Florist – Botanica (based in Tampa, but they travel and they were awesome) (http://www.botanicaflorist.com/)
- Cake – provided by the Inn
- Officiant – St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Boca Grande, FL
- Hair Stylist – James Griffith Salon
- Make-up Artist – James Griffith Salon
Hope that’s helpful!
Post # 7
@CrstnBeach: Ooh! We have the same photographer! Isn’t she wonderful? How did you find her? And the Ringling Museum is AMAZING. One of my best friends had her wedding there last November and it was stunning!
Post # 8
@august15bride – I actually haven’t met her yet, but I’m finally going to see her on Thursday! I live in NYC and have been coordinating everything through a planner and my mom in Sarasota. I grew up in that area but left after high school. Still feels like home! I love Audrey’s work and she’s been great to work with from afar!
Post # 9
Venue http://www.thelangefarm.com ask for Michelle, she is AWESOME
Caterer- still tasting and scheduling appointments
Coordinator~ daughter and myself- DOC Michelle, but she is assisting every step of the way if you go out there or email her
Photographer The wonderful Jason Angelini
DJ Grant Hermon, Doug
Hair stylist- our personal hairdresser of 20 plus years
wedding is May 2010 , so we have only begun
dress CC’s (ASK FOR MONICA, who is wonderful)
Post # 11
I just got married so if anyone has questions about the vendors I used feel free to PM me!
- Venue: The Powel Crosley Estate
- Caterer: Dutch Heritage
- Coordinator: Myself
- Photographer: Mandy & Me (formerly Heartistic Foto) excellent!!!
- DJ: Robert Sword of Sword Sounds (excellent!)
- Florist: Myself, ordered flowers from fiftyflowers.com
- Cake: Holly from Dutch Heritage
- Dress: Something Blue Bridal Boutique (tuxes too)
- Shoes: Zappos.com
- BM Dress: Something Blue Bridal Boutique
- Hair Stylist: Carrie Dean from Reflections by Philip
- Make-up Artist: Amanda Kurland (excellent!!!)
- Invitations: DIY, bought paper from paper-source.com
- Rings: Southafricandiamonds.com (bride’s) and Kay jewelers (grooms)
- Linens: BBJ Linens (was not impressed with the color selection of the local places I visited so I went with BBJ and had them shipped in. They were great.)
- Chair rentals: Taylor Rental
Post # 12
Im getting married next march in Naples, Fl.
Venue NAPLES BAY RESORT
Caterer NAPLES BAY RESORT – Chef from OLIO restaurant
Photographer Ashley COLHOUER
DJ BLACK TIE ENTERTAINMENT DJ’s
Florist GARDEN DISTRICT
Officiant PAUL MIELKE
Dress ALVINA VALENTA
BM Dress TWOBIRDS DRESSES
Hair Stylist ?
Make-up Artist MAC
Rings I have my rings but we need to pick out the MR.s ring.
Post # 13
@britt: Have you picked out your cake at Publix yet? (I’m getting a Publix cake too!) I’m just wondering how your experience was. Also, which Alvina Valenta dress and which Nina shoes? I am wearing Nina shoes, and regularly drool over Alvina Valenta dresses. 🙂
Post # 14
Im doing a plain white 3 tierd publix cake..its $300 (and I can pick whatever filling and cake flavor I want). Then Im having my florist decorate it with real flowers.
My Alvina Valenta dress is style # 9658.
My nina shoes are the Culver shoes (Ivory – for the ceremony)…but Im looking for Fuchsia pink shoes for the reception.
Post # 15
- Venue: Tampa Bay Watch (www.tampabaywatch.blogspot.com) LOVE IT!/St. Paul’s Catholic Church
- Caterer: probably Amici’s, so far theyve been wonderful to work with
- Coordinator: oh i wish i could afford one!
- Photographer: Jason Angelini
- Officiant: Fiance’s priest from his catholic high school
- Dress: I fell in love with photos of a 2006 Pronovias gown so i hunted down a sample-its arriving tomorrow and i havent even seen it in person yet!!! yikes!
- BM dresses: suprisingly Davids bridal-heres a link to photos http://www.swsmag.net/blog/2009/8/28/southern-wedding-of-the-week-mallori-tory-part-i.html
- Rings: Sam’s Club! We want pretty simple bands and their prices are by far the best!
- Transportation: Clearwater Jolley Trolley
- Video: Movie Magic Productions (great deal for the quality!!!)
Any suggestions for great DJs??