(Closed) Who got a holiday proposal in 2011?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2553 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I DID! On Christmas day!!!!! So, my mom is so sneaky. I knew he had the ring (he kept it for like a month and a half) and on Christmas, he called my dad to ask. My dad told my mom and my mom called and told me he called my dad LOL! He proposed at his parents house since our families live in different states. Since I knew he had the ring, I kept suggesting romantic places for us to go hoping he would ask. We were walking through this park at night that was lit up with so many lights and I just knew he was going to propose, but nope, christmas day!

Post # 4
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

We got engaged Dec. 15, the night of a Christmas party for our alumni club.

Post # 5
1456 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@littlemisst08:  I’m pretty sure we got engaged on December 15th too!

It was freezing, but it was so fun to have all the lights out at the place we went to dinner. My husband proposed the night before we flew out to go home for Christmas πŸ™‚

Post # 6
2179 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

We were a Christmas 2011 couple!

Post # 7
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I officially got engaged in July (the weekend of my birthday) but we had gotten engaged without a ring.  We had decided to get married in September, we booked our date at the church, and we had always intended to get a ring when we could afford it, but there’s a long story and the short version is that my mother interfered and I wound up having to wear her old engagement ring.  No offence to the other bees who have heirloom rings, but this just wasn’t what I wanted for myself and it certainly wasn’t what my husband wanted either.  My husband also wanted the chance to propose formally and he wanted it to be a surprise.  So I picked out a new engagement ring online, but when it arrived, my husband hid it and told me that I wasn’t allowed to have it until he proposed. lol 

Fast forward a few months.  We spent last Christmas with my grandmother because my aunt (who lives with her) went away to visit her daughter and grandchildren.  Of course, Nan wanted to go to Midnight Mass and this was being held at the church we were getting married at in September because it’s the head Catholic church of our island.  Once Mass was ended, my husband said to follow him because he wanted to show me something.  He was walking towards my favorite statue of the Blessed Virgin (and the one we wound up doing a flower presentation to after our wedding because we got married on her feast day), but my grandmother is 88 years old and has a lot of trouble walking now so she said, “Where are you going?  What is it you want to show us?  I can’t walk any further.”  At that very moment, my husband dropped to his knees and asked me to marry him right then and there, with my new ring in hand.  I knew he was planning a proposal, but it honestly never occurred to me that he would do it this way. lol  I’m glad he did, though. πŸ™‚  I thought it was very special that he decided to do this in front of my grandmother and the Blessed Virgin, especially in the church that we we got married in.  I had my real engagement ring in those wee hours of that Christmas morning and it was very magical indeed. πŸ™‚

Here’s my sparkly:

Post # 8
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We also got engaged on Christmas Day! He came into the bedroom as I was putting on my face, lol getting ready so we could head out to see both families. He had this really nervous, dumfounded look on his face, kind of stood there for a minute and then got down on one knee, pulled the ring out of his pocket, and proposed! Ideally, I would have preferred to be fully done up for the day when he asked but when I realized what was happening nothing really mattered, I just started balling! I had an idea he may ask since we have been together for almost 12yrs., but it was still a big surprise! It was really early at the time and I should have just waited till we saw everyone and just showed them the ring without saying anything and really surprised them, but I couldn’t contain myself and started calling everyone right away! lol It was still awesome when I finally got to actually show it to everyone! So here it is…

Post # 10
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Yup, it was mid-December and we had just gotten home from watching Arthur Christmas πŸ˜›

It was very no-nonse, down-on-one-knee, no speech, “Will you marry me?”

To which I replied “Are you fucking joking?”

I don’t think I even actually said yes. XD

Post # 11
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

My fiance and I had only been dating 5 months or so and we had already endured me moving to the opposite coast, 6 weeks where we couldn’t speak due to military commitments (we are both active duty), and I had a surgery he couldn’t be there for. The minute he landed to spend Christmas with me we started talking about getting a ring and getting engaged officially. We picked on out together, and we even picked the ring up together. But I knew he wanted to make the actual proposal special, so he had booked us a horseback riding tour in Ojai. In the middle we stopped for a water break and … 

It was after Christmas, it was just us, and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Post # 12
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Post # 14
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Fleur.De.Lis:  I really hope you get your ring this Christmas but even if you don’t, I’m sure your boyfriend has something just as special (if not more so) planned. πŸ™‚

Post # 15
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Christmas Eve last year. I was totally surprised. Makes the this holiday seem extra special especially since the wedding is in January.

The topic ‘Who got a holiday proposal in 2011?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors