(Closed) Who Sits With Bride & Groom?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010 - Ocean View Villas/Jasmine Seafood Restaurant

Sit with people you would like to.  You’ll likely not actually be sitting there very long anyways because you’ll be standing, chatting with guests, dancing, etc.  We barely got a chance to sit or eat at our wedding. 

Post # 5
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I am putting both our parents and the officiant at our table.  Maybe another couple.  I am planning on scarfing down my food and visiting tables so I’m not worried about it too too much.

Post # 6
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

Originally we were going to sit with bridal party and their dates at a “normal” table, but there was one too many of us so we decided sweet heart table.

Post # 7
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We’re not havinga sweetheart table, and just planning to sit at a round 10-top table like our guests. We’re planning to have our wedding party and their dates sit with us. Though, that only makes 8 people… so maybe we’ll end up having only an 8-top for us, because it would be too difficult to select only one other couple to sit with us. I am letting all the parents “host” a table of their own…because there are 3 sets due to divorce/remarriages, etc.

Post # 8
1995 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

we had our friends- some of the wedding party, their SO’s.  We put the parents and some family together and some wedding party members together.  It doesnt matter too much since not a whole lot of time gets mandated to sitting together.

Post # 9
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 1998

even though your situation is different it is usually the bridal party that sits with the bride and groom, and for 35.00 you could purchase a long folding table at walmart or home depot. it can be used for family parties in your back yard also. then no feelings will be hurt.

The topic ‘Who Sits With Bride & Groom?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors