Post # 1
My 5 week countdown is on and I’m FREAKING out all of a sudden. We’ve had a rather long (2 year) engagement, so the fact that the wedding is 31 days away has me scrambling…where the heck did the past 2 years go?!?!?! And what exactly have I been doing this entire time?!?!?!
My on-going joke is that “we’re first timers” so I feel kind of clueless in many wedding planning aspects, such as who to tip.
Which of our vendors would you tip and how much? We are feeding all of them except the chartered driver (has anyone bought a meal for their driver? He’s picking our guests up at their hotels and dropping them off after the reception)
- Charter bus driver
- Justice of the Peace
- Wedding coordinator at the venue (an 18% tip is already included in our price)
- Photographer (she owns the business, but is bringing a 2nd shooter)
- DJ (he owns the business but is bringing a second DJ)
- Photo/Video Booth (he owns the business and is going to be attendant at wedding)
Post # 3
The only vendor i would tip is the reception caterer/servers. The rest of them are being paid for their services directly and dont think that a tip is necessary….
Post # 4
- Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA
- Charter bus driver— no need to tip, but a 10-15% tip at the end of the night would be much apprecieated (keep in mind he’s a 1 man taxi for your whole event, so just like you’d tip a taxi driver, it’s polite to tip him as well)
- Justice of the Peace— Do not tip.
- Wedding coordinator at the venue–18% tip is already included
- Photographer–A $20-40 tip per photographer would be nice, but not necessary
- DJ— Same as photographers
- Photo/Video Booth— A thank-you card with a gift certificate would be best. Even if it’s just $10 at Starbucks, it lets him know you apprecieate it.
All of these are optional, but this is what I would do. I would also tip each server/caterer $20 for the night, as well as the bartender, unless he has his own jar.
Post # 5
Post # 6
Thanks for your feedback ladies!
My coordinator at the venue actually said no additional tip is needed for the servers bc the 18% is already included and they are paid an hourly fee, and that the bartenders will have a jar out for their tips since we’re providing a full open bar for our guests.
Oiii vey I just don’t want to offend anyone but I agree – we are already paying a hefty amount for their services
DJ – $1800
Photographer – $3000 for 2 shooters, no prints but full rights to photos