Post # 1
Our wonderful and helpful ATL metro bee, GGSB, had a very interesting thread about what are our North Georgia brides doing. Let’s take it a step even further ladies and let the cat out of the bag..who’s designing or planning your wedding!
Let me know (and our other friends here too) what are you doing for the following and with which vendor or venue?
- BM Dress
- Hair Stylist
Inquiring Atlanta and metro bees want to know!
As far as I know with regards to me, here goes (since we don’t have a formal date and haven’t even decided where yet)
If we end up choosing atlanta area for our wedding, the following will be my "people":
- Venue -(if in Atlanta these are the possibilities) Subdivision Clubhouse, Canoe, or a winery
- Caterer -will probably be decided by venue
- Coordinator -my sister and bff most likely. Sis is amazing designer and bff is daughter of a great interior designer
- DJ-family friend, Dack Patrick most likely if we use a dj
- Florist –My friend, Kasey Currie, an awesome designer
- Cake–Baker’s man
- Officiant –minister from church
- Dress –still working on that
- Shoes–have gorgeous Marciano "Tessa" shoes but in love with a new pair..
- BM Dress –J. Crew Little Black Dress
- Hair Stylist –Hair and Makeup artist will most likely be from same studio..working on that now but love to get my hair done at Carter Barnes
- Invitations –love two designers : Carciofi Designs and a wonderful Etsy Vendor
Post # 3
Thanks for the props bellenga. We just signed our final contract this morning so our list goes like this (most of which aren’t specific to North Georgia):
Venue – Glen Ella Springs Inn, Clarkesville, GA – (N.GA)
Caterer – Glen Ella Springs Inn, Clarkesville, GA – (N.GA)
Coordinator – Gertie Mae’s – (N.GA)
Photographer – Climie + Co. (Atlanta based, but travels to infinity & beyond)
DJ – Grand Affairs (ATL) & would also recommend Atlanta’s Best DJ (ATL)
Florist – Gertie Mae’s – (N.GA)
Cake – Market Cafe (N.GA)
Officiant – Jim Burgin (N.GA)
Dress – Diane’s Formal Affair (Jasper, AL)
Alterations – Olga (Alpharetta, GA)
Shoes – Off Broadway Shoes (Cumming, GA)
BM Dress – Custom made – Olga (Alpharetta, GA)
Hair Stylist – Sidney’s Salon (N.GA)
MUA – DIY
Invitations – Twin Ravens Press (etsy)
Linens – Ikea & DIY
Favors – Jaemor Farms (N.GA)
I didn’t add contact information to each point, but would gladly provide it to you if you PM me.
Post # 4
Attention Hotlanta area brides…let us know who are your vendors! Who’s designing your whaaat?
Post # 5
I’ll go! Mine is almost a year away, but here is what I have so far:
<span class=”Apple-style-span” style=”font-family: tahoma; font-size: 13px”>
Venue – Flint Hill (Norcross, GA)
Caterer – Flint Hill (Norcross, GA)
Coordinator – Wasn’t planning on having one – is this bad?
Photographer – Blue World Studios
DJ – Spectrum Entertainment
Florist – More than likely will use Flint Hill’s design department, if affordable
Cake – Debating between using Flint Hill’s in house catering or Gabriel’s in Marietta
Officiant – Not sure yet – any recommendations?
Dress – First choice is Formally Yours (Lilburn, GA – I think)
Alterations – Hoping I don’t need them!
Shoes – DSW
BM Dress – JC Penney – and on clearance!
Hair Stylist – TBD
Invitations – Dream invites are TGK, more than likely will go with something less expensive
Linens – Free from Flint Hill!
Favors – Debating between pralines from River Street Sweets or a donation to Atlanta Pet Rescue
Post # 6
Hotlanta..let’s dish about our vendors! And friendors if you have them! (I have one..an awesome florist who works with a huge wedding event planning group but also does her own work on the side..fabulous!)