Why can't people RSVP on time – WB rant #12478594257

posted 3 years ago in Paper
Post # 2
1826 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

As you probably know (since this rant happens all the time), you can’t really be mad if you still have 2 weeks until your deadline. 2 days, I would start getting a little moody, yes. But 2 weeks? That’s FOREVER for some people.

Take some deep breaths and…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Post # 4
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

We mailed our invites around the same time you did and our RSVP date is just over a week away.  Almost but not quite half have been returned.  I am completely astounded that the response rate is this low too.  Quite a few of them are just lazy family members that might be assuming we know that they are or are not coming (but still, we paid to put stamps on those return envelopes for a reason!).  A good number of the non-returns are our high school and college friends that really just don’t get wedding etiquette at all. 

Post # 5
7404 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Your number 1 concern- mail back my RSVP you bastards

Your guests 1 corncer- mailing that thing that is their number 1 concern and priority now and mailing your RSVP by the due date. 

I really don’t understand these posts. If you want your RSVP’s back earlier then set an earlier date otherwise hold your outrage til after the RSVP date has passed. 

Post # 6
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

MsGinkgo: They still have 2 weeks and if they are unsure, they’ll use up the time trying to figure out how to make it work. Would you feel better if they just sent it back as a “no” right away, just to get it back to you? Or if they sent back a “yes” and then no-showed?

You’ll get more back in the next 2 weeks. Promise.

Post # 8
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

You are two weeks away from your deadline and you are annoyed with people for not sending the cards back?  Heck, I hardly ever send them back until close to the deadline.  Your wedding is hte MOST important thing going on in your world.  To the people you invite, it is just another thing going on in their worlds.  Those little cards are so easy to lose or misplace.  I am a single mom (well not for much longer) of 2 small kids.  I have a full time job, plus kids in activities, ect.  I get a blue ton of mail every day.  I try to remember to sort it and throw out the junk and keep the stuff I need to respond to in my mail basket, but sometimes I get sidetracked by kid things or a work call or one of the other 8 trillion things I do in a day.  People aren’t being rude.  They have their own lives with a million things going on in them, and your wedding, while it is the most important thing to you, isn’t the most pressing matter in their lives.  I try to always send that little card back, but sometimes, I am not sure if I can go until closer to the wedding, so I just barely make the RSVP date.  And sometimes I lose that stupid little card and have to contact the bride and let them know.  Anyway, cut your guests some slack, if your date hasn’t even passed.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  NavyBee.
Post # 9
1769 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

there’s no point in getting upset before the deadline.  bees who want their rsvps in earlier shoud set earlier deadlines (so I hope bees stop trying to make everybody have deadlines of 2 wks to 1 month before wedding- it depends on the situation).  

If you want, get upset when ppl actually miss the deadline, but there is absolutely nothing rude with sending an rsvp in by the deadline.  if you gave them 6 weeks to rsvp, but really want all the rsvps after only 4 weeks, then you should’ve set the deadline for a bit earlier than you actually want all responses by.  no need to stress.  so much is stressful in wedding planning & life, why create stress when there shouldn’t be any?  good luck

& by the way, there’s no way I could’ve waited until 1 month out for our rsvps either – because we’re doing rounds of invites, final guest count and payments are due 1 month out, and we’re a destination wedding for all w/discounted hotel blocks closing 2 months out in an expensive area.  So I set my deadline much earlier & I sent a polite reminder to those who missed the deadline (since I did ask them to rsvp pretty early after all), then I’m individually contacting the last few holdouts (and patiently waiting on a few who said they’d know a bit later). 

Post # 10
689 posts
Busy bee

I know some pple who purposely wait til closer to the deadline to send it out in case their plans change. 

Post # 11
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

MsGinkgo:  You still have 2 weeks.. theres plenty of time for the responses to come in! Just take a deep breath, and let it out. I gave it 1 week after the deadline before I started hunting people down. There were only 40 guests at our wedding and I figured it was easiest on everyone to do the website response. So I just had them rsvp on our wedding website. Super simple right? takes 2 seconds? no. no, people are super uber lazy aparently, we only had responses from bridal party, and my parents, and a close family friend. I had to hunt down everyone else. Not fun having to call your future brother in law asking if he had forgotten to rsvp  a week after he was supose to let you know. ;p Good luck hun! I hope all the responses get to you in time

Post # 12
1158 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

pharmy:  LOVE that you posted this video!!! I’ve taken this on as my new wedding mantra 

Post # 13
8720 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I came in here thinking your RSVP date had passed. It is TWO weeks from now. why are you already upset? As a bride who had to chase down almost half our invites, trust me, this is not an issue (yet). There are a lot of other things you should be worried about. 

Post # 14
1432 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

You’re annoyed that FHs parents haven’t replied?! Lol. I’m pretty sure you would know if they weren’t coming. 

Post # 15
858 posts
Busy bee

My RSVP date is Apri 15th, so just days away. And I am finding that the RSVP’s are rolling in now. I personally am not a last minute person when it comes to stuff like this, and drives me crazy when people are. BUt you gave them a date for a reason and lots of people stick to that date. SO i would say, expect your RSVP’s closer to the closure date. Good Luck!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors